Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

324 posts in this topic

I made roast potato salad with scallions - had a craving. And I have the ingredients out here housesitting with me. :)

Ads by Google:

Eggs Benedict but I make hollandaise with far less butter than what is traditional. Oven-roasted radishes.

St. Patrick's Day brunch!

-twice baked potatoes with shallots & tarragon plus set egg

-roasted tomatoes

-mashed turnip with chives

-braised green cabbage with thyme

-slices of extra sharp cheddar

-& green tea (ok, that's my little joke)

It was surprisingly hard to plan a St. Patrick's Day meal without meat (or beer), but I did it!

St. Patrick's Day brunch!

-twice baked potatoes with shallots & tarragon plus set egg

-roasted tomatoes

-mashed turnip with chives

-braised green cabbage with thyme

-slices of extra sharp cheddar

-& green tea (ok, that's my little joke)

It was surprisingly hard to plan a St. Patrick's Day meal without meat (or beer), but I did it!

This sounds incredible. You really prove it to us that you can cook and eat extremely well without meat. :) Love your little green tea joke. :P

Similar in ways to Lucia's lunch except mine is not quite vegetarian, nor is it celebratory of St. Patrick's Day. It is also not nearly as extensive. I did not plan for St. Patrick's Day, sadly.

Twice Baked Potato with Chorizo and Aged Goat's Cheese

Cucumber Salad - at least the cukes are green!

Sparkling Apple Juice

A big salad and half a piece of spice cake

It is snowing hard so it is a good day for Smoky Ham, Apple Cider and Vegetable Soup with Grainy Mustard.

Tomorrow I will make some gluten-free buttermilk biscuits to go with the soup.

Leftover cabbage and noodles with corned beef for us today.

Not having the soup for lunch - I have a craving for a tuna melt with lots of capers.

My daughter and I really wanted pizza today so I took the Schar crust and topped it with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, broccoli, leftover roasted chicken and a mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend.

My daughter and I really wanted pizza today so I took the Schar crust and topped it with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, broccoli, leftover roasted chicken and a mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend.

Are the Schar crusts thick and chewy or thin and crispy? Mmm...I love pizza.

Very thick strawberry, mango and peach smoothie with ground flaxseed.

Are the Schar crusts thick and chewy or thin and crispy? Mmm...I love pizza.

They are on the thinner side and I leave them in the oven until they are slightly browned on the bottom so that they are crispy. I also cook them on aluminum foil which seems to help the crispy factor.

They are on the thinner side and I leave them in the oven until they are slightly browned on the bottom so that they are crispy. I also cook them on aluminum foil which seems to help the crispy factor.

When I go to Croatia in May I will look for them there. We do not have Schar pizza crusts here. And there I will be able to cook them in our outdoor wood burning oven - I love the charred flavour. Pizzas only take about 90 seconds to cook at such a high heat.

I made chicken salad with my leftover roasted chicken from the other night, onions and celery plus with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and ground mustard seed.

I ate in on Popcorn Indiana Sea Salt Chipins.

When I go to Croatia in May I will look for them there. We do not have Schar pizza crusts here. And there I will be able to cook them in our outdoor wood burning oven - I love the charred flavour. Pizzas only take about 90 seconds to cook at such a high heat.

Oh that sounds so good.

Carrot sticks, humus, and a turkey sandwich on an Udi hotdog bun. I like to use the hotdog buns like a mini sub.

Oh that sounds so good.

Actually, better yet - we'll make our own dough and pile on the great local toppings including prsut (air dried ham similar to Italian prosciutto only better), wild asparagus, various local cheeses, wild mushrooms and wild herbs we pick a few feet from our front door. Maybe even some wild garlic and wild fennel. I can hardly wait. :)

Toasted sandwich with ajvar, prosciutto, porchetta and provolone.

Local pecorino cheese, mushroom, poblano, chive and ham omelettes that my husband made. :)

Wild blueberry smoothie. Homemade AWESOME chewy chocolate chip cookie.

A baked sweet potato with some brown sugar and a red delicious apple with cinnamon and sugar. - homemade lemonade.

Wow, that sounds great. Do you put butter and cinnamon on your sweet potato, also? That's what I do with brown sugar. Love it!

I had M&Ms, sliced apple with 365 crunchy peanutbutter, and water. I'm on spring break and was proofreading for a new magazine. No time for a big meal :)

I toasted some chipotle peppers and ground them with toasted coriander and cumin seeds; blended with some sumac and a touch of brown sugar to balance the flavours. Sprinkled that on a baked potato for lunch. Leftover stir-fried vegetables.

Tuna with lemon and caper sauce on toast.

Herbes de Provence sweet potato fries with homemade ketchup.