Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

324 posts in this topic

A baked sweet potato with brown sugar and a hard boiled egg.

Ads by Google:

Warm potato salad with a lemon caper vinaigrette I made the other day. Fresh plums.

I am rereading this thread . I am trying to get some ideas for lunch.

I am working second shift so lunch is my at home meal. I am also try to lose weight and stay away from sandwiches .

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Yesterday I made Eggs Benedict with prosciutto. It was delicious.

Still cleaning out the fridge as we are going on vacation on Wednesday. Am making potato salad to use up the scallions and a couple of eggs.

Lunch is going to be a nice Taco salad

Sunday was soft tacos

I'll probably have left overs today

Still jet lagged so am having a simple lunch.

Grilled tuna sandwich with lots of capers and lemon juice. Used Schar bread I brought back from Croatia. The bread was not terrible. :P

I picked up some Schar rolls for pulled pork sandwiches but was unimpressed. Leftovers today, like most days, pintos and rice with salsa and some chorizo... and tums. I discovered yesterday that chorizo gives me terrible heartburn but I can't just let it go to waste!

Had a salad with raspberry vinegarette dressing. Very good!

I am eating a late lunch because I suspect dinner will be late.

Foraging in the refrigerator for leftovers. So far I have found 2 cooked broccoli florets, a tiny piece of steak, a hard boiled egg, a pre cooked, tiny orphaned hamburger, some leftover bread I made but did not put the date I baked it on :rolleyes: , and some green snap pea pods. The bread had a bit of amaranth, so it is still okay.

I was looking for the leftover cooked fish, but didn't find it until the other stuff was already arranged on the two little saucers.

This is my salad rebellion day, there are only so many days I can go with eating that, before ....... :P

Made potato salad last weekend, I add more "other" vegetables to it, like cucumber or zucchini, so it is less carby, and then serve it over lettuce greens. If I keep extra baked potatoes and hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator, I can make a small batch up pretty quickly.

Still jet lagged so am having a simple lunch.

Grilled tuna sandwich with lots of capers and lemon juice. Used Schar bread I brought back from Croatia. The bread was not terrible. :P

I agree about Schar's bread. Tried it for the first time this past week. Rudi's multigrain and cinnamon raisin are still my favs :)

HM corndogs

The plan was to have a spinach salad with some nuts and feta for lunch. Turns out I added some watermelon for dessert after dropping it on the floor, forcing me to cut it up instead of waiting until Monday. (Don't ever do this, the sticky is everywhere!)

Today was a grilled turkey burger on Udi's with mustard ,onion and pickles with a side of cottage cheese and pears

Leftover chicken noodle soup (Gluten Free Cafe---it's quite good!) and some Schar 'table crackers' with peanut butter and homemade apple jam, cup of tea.

Almost forgot about this thread!

Tuna salad sandwich (tuna salad with lots of capers, aioli, lemon juice, chives, Greek oregano)

Fresh blueberries

PB&J on yesterday's leftover pancakes. I was skeptical about it when I was making it but it's pretty darn good. I have a new jar of strawberry smoothie jam I picked up at a carnival Saturday night. (No worries, the lady who made it has a 5 yo celiac son.) Also some pistachio fluff. I just throw together a pack of pudding, some cool whip and some marshmallows and a can of fruit. Whatever flavors strike me as a good idea at the time. This does not always result in a success. :lol:

Tomato sandwich and a dill pickle.

It's 30 degrees and 38 humidex here :(

Tomato sandwich and a dill pickle.

It's 30 degrees and 38 humidex here :(

YUCK! Sorry - I do not mean your lunch but your weather. We are at a perfect 15C at the moment. This is my ideal temp where I feel most energized and healthy. I hate our -40C and our +35C extremes. :angry:

Mid 70's and our usual barely existent humidity, I'll take it! I was going to have a spinach salad with chicken and honey mustard dressing, but instead I threw the whole thing on an arepa. Quick, easy and no mess. I followed up with a little cottage cheese and homemade apple butter.

Blueberry pomegranate smoothie. Er, with soft ice cream texture. A few peanuts.

Grilled skirt steak and arugula cooked in olive oil. Simple and delicious.

Grilled skirt steak and arugula cooked in olive oil. Simple and delicious.

That is a delicious combo. I am growing lots of arugula again this year as we go through a lot of it.

Sole and some rice.

It's 20 and rainy today, almost cold compared to yesterday. Crazy Canadian weather. :huh: