323 replies to this topic

#166 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Clam-anchovy-pesto thin crust pizza (Udi's crust). And no, I'm not pregnant!

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#167 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Clam-anchovy-pesto thin crust pizza (Udi's crust). And no, I'm not pregnant!

Sounds good to me! How did you like the crust?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#168 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Raspberry mango coconut smoothie.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#169 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Eggs Benedict with unctuous hollandaise (I guess that goes without saying). Mmmmm...it was so good!

#170 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

She had a smug lunch, hahahaha....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#171 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

A home made quinoa burger ( not sure why the call it a burger when there is no meat in it ,lol)
I am trying quinoa,again ( hoping to be able to add it to my good food list) ,, I need the protien now that I am eating less and less meat .

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#172 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

A home made quinoa burger ( not sure why the call it a burger when there is no meat in it ,lol)
I am trying quinoa,again ( hoping to be able to add it to my good food list) ,, I need the protien now that I am eating less and less meat .

Just curious - what held it together (the binder)? I'm getting into quinoa a bit more as well. Do you have this book? "Quinoa 365"...
http://www.amazon.ca...53279221&sr=8-1 It is well worth it if you enjoy quinoa.

#173 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just curious - what held it together (the binder)? I'm getting into quinoa a bit more as well. Do you have this book? "Quinoa 365"...
http://www.amazon.ca...53279221&sr=8-1 It is well worth it if you enjoy quinoa.

The recipe used egg and flour ( I used rice flour) as a binder.
I did use the cottage cheese but I did not use the cheddar cheese . I increased the amount of quinoa in place of the cheddar cheese. And I am sugar/sweetener free so I just left out the sweetener

http://eatingwellliv...-quinoa-burger/

I do not have that book but if everything goes well I may consider it :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#174 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Sounds good to me! How did you like the crust?

I loved it. It's the thin one (I did not like their thicker one). It was frozen, I brushed it with olive oil and baked it a little till just a little golden on the edges, then baked it with the toppings in a 475 degree oven. I'm a fan!

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#175 simon_n

simon_n

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Gluten-Free Ryeless Rye Bread

#176 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Gluten-Free Ryeless Rye Bread

Is that all you ate? Did you make it yourself?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#177 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

My husband is working insane hours for the holidays so it is just me and the kiddo today. Gonna steam and candy some carrots to have with my leftover turkey. I think I have a little fresh cheese left I can fry up to have with it. I'll throw together some tapioca pudding for dessert and eat it while it's still warm.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#178 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

An amazingly good salad.

Hearts of romaine, watercress, raddicio (sp?), a fresh sliced perfectly ripened bosc pear, creamy goat cheese, walnuts and a balsamic reduction. I tried to think of what would make it better and couldn't think of anything but how good it was. It was that good.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#179 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's snowing yet again. Man, I'm sick of winter already! :wacko:

To remedy that, I am making Black Bean Soup with Chiles en Adobo, Lime and BACON. Probably some sort of fruit. But all the winter stuff is rock hard or pulpy or putrid.

#180 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Lazy- pan fried hot dog bites with broccoli. I get frozen organic veggies
at Trader Joe's for a good price, and they have the BEST veggies, and
that way I don't have to do any of the chopping or deal with stuff going
bad on my counter or in my fridge. Is a win-win!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: