323 replies to this topic

#181 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Tuna salad (with fresh lemon juice, capers, et. al.) on a toasted ciabatta bun (Schar - not homemade this time :( ).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#182 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't know why I am torturing myself, but my craving today is for a coconut milk, mango and raspberry smoothie with a touch of lime juice. It is currently -14C so my teeth will probably be chattering in a few moments... :blink:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#183 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

You, quite frankly, are as crazy as me. I drink milkshakes all winter long. My husband thinks I'm a nut. I'm like... you married me so I guess you're the one with the problem! :lol:

I actually cooked today. I felt like a burger so I grilled one up on my new Cuisinart grill. Made some arepas and made some queso fresco for it. I meant to fry some green beans but remembered I was going to about the same time the burgers were getting done so I just popped a can of them open instead. Not nearly as good, but at least it was a vegetable.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#184 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

You, quite frankly, are as crazy as me. I drink milkshakes all winter long. My husband thinks I'm a nut. I'm like... you married me so I guess you're the one with the problem! :lol:

You're right - we are both crazy. My lips can practically turn blue yet I keep on with those smoothies.

But today is a soup day. I made pasta e fagioli and it is excellent. Today I am also making an artisan loaf of bread, with a slit slightly off centre and heavily dusted with flour, and awesome flavour. I love that I can form it into a loaf with my hands.

#185 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

My husband did some spoiling today. He cubed up some potatoes for hash then added ham, sauteed mushrooms and softly-scrambled eggs with scallions. He had his with melted Cheddar; mine was without. I just love that type of lunch, especially on a cold -20C blizzarding day.

#186 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I want your snow... send it to me please.... heck i'd take the negative temps with it....

At any rate, i had an apple (a rather large one at that) with peanutbutter and honey as a dip. Its been a couple of months since i had a raw apple. Nice change of pace me thinks and my tummy didn't act up at all (outside of when i got too full, but who's doesn't?) :lol:

#187 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I want your snow... send it to me please.... heck i'd take the negative temps with it....

At any rate, i had an apple (a rather large one at that) with peanutbutter and honey as a dip. Its been a couple of months since i had a raw apple. Nice change of pace me thinks and my tummy didn't act up at all (outside of when i got too full, but who's doesn't?) :lol:

You can have as much snow as you want. Honestly. We've had lots of snow and cold for six solid weeks and have about five more months ahead of this. Snow looks pretty for awhile but it gets sickening having to bundle up all the time and do the sidewalk and driveway every other day. The streets are slick. Can you tell I dislike our winters? If we only had three months of snow it would be fine but when you have six months to look forward to it gets tired very quickly. It just seems to drag on and on and on and on... We have high incidences of Seasonal Affective Disorder here.

#188 Mgyoung77

Mgyoung77

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Creamy chicken soup and a bagel with cream cheese.

Creamy chicken soup? Sounds yummy. Did you make it? If so, can you share the recipe? I miss Campbell's soup.

#189 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

red lentils,rice stri fry

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#190 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Tuna salad with tons of lemon juice and capers on a bun.
Chickpeas drizzled with green grassy olive oil from Croatia sprinkled with finishing salt.

#191 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Encore butternut squash, olives artichoke hearts tomatoes cucumber peppers tuna and mayo
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#192 Mgyoung77

Mgyoung77

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Pepper jack cheese rolled up in Boars Head Virginia ham, fresh strawberries, and yogurt.

#193 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Quinoa flakes bake - throw together applesauce, cinnamon, flakes, coconut, a touch of sugar (or honey or agave) and bake. Then top with homemade almond butter. It's gonna be great!

#194 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Eggs Benedict with chives in the Hollandaise sauce. Simple but oh, so good on a very cold (-23F) day.

#195 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Honey ham rolled in corn tortilla and some fritos and an orange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: