323 replies to this topic

#226 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Chicken, zucchini, mushroom, orange peppers, scallions and anchovies for flavor.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#227 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Incredibly delicious Welsh Rarebit. For those of you who are unfamiliar, it is basically thick toast covered with a mixture of cream, eggs and cheese that is melted on top until ooey gooey. Then it is drizzled with Worcestershire. First I will spread the bread with bacon jam to kick up the flavour even more. Traditionally it contains Guiness.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#228 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Incredibly delicious Welsh Rarebit. For those of you who are unfamiliar, it is basically thick toast covered with a mixture of cream, eggs and cheese that is melted on top until ooey gooey. Then it is drizzled with Worcestershire. First I will spread the bread with bacon jam to kick up the flavour even more. Traditionally it contains Guiness.

Aaaaand I hate you.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#229 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Aaaaand I hate you.

You know you love me. ^_^
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#230 Chaff

Chaff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Dirty rice (white rice and sausage), a cup of chicken broth, homemade pickles. It's not much, but it's totally safe for me to eat. Later I'll have a coconut Zing bar. :)

celiac, hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis

#231 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have a hankering for a Monte Cristo today.

#232 jsprenkle

jsprenkle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Creamy chicken soup and a bagel with cream cheese.

Where do you find the soup & bagels that are gluten free? I am new to this & am diagnosed as allergic to all of it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#233 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I almost panicked. I got to my fridge and was all set to make a sandwich and there was NO MAYO! I quickly chilled out, remembering I have a recipe stashed, whipped some up in a few minutes and was stuffing my face with a Lebanon bologna sandwich in no time. Yup, homemade mayo for a bologna sandwich.

Where do you find the soup & bagels that are gluten free? I am new to this & am diagnosed as allergic to all of it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I don't buy soup, I make it. You'll find recipes all over the internet. Just decide what kind of soup makes you happy and you can almost certainly find a recipe for it. (Unless it is barley soup, then you're just outta luck.) As for bagels, I imagine lots of people just make them. I've seen them in the freezer at the health food store but my guess is that they suck and I'm not going to pay something like $7 for 5 bagels that suck.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#234 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Like Adalaide, I make the soup. I am lucky to have a gluten free bakery that makes a great bagel substitute - I probably prefer it to gluten bagels. :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#235 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,315 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Where do you find the soup &amp; bagels that are gluten free? I am new to this &amp; am diagnosed as allergic to all of it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

For those of us who occasionally like to open a can of soup instead of making it:

Note that this is in the US, These products in Canada may have different ingredients

http://progresso.com...cts/Gluten-Free

http://www.pacificfo...s/special-diets

http://www.kettlecui...ozen-Soups.aspx

http://www.kettlecui...ated-Soups.aspx

I have heard that some like Udis bagels , which many Whole Foods and other groceries carry, either frozen or on the shelf.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#236 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

lunch was ham and swiss on a grainless flax seed bun with mustard , cottage cheese on the side

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#237 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Lunch will be a large mixed baby greens salad with toasted almonds, Parmesan shards, dried cherries, toasted pumpkin seeds and a lovely Dijon lemon vinaigrette.

#238 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

today lunch was turkey and swiss on a grainless flax seed bun ( I am enjoying these buns :D )

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#239 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm trying to expand my horizons for lunch. Especially since I am charged with feeding an ever increasingly picky toddler. <_< (Although I have discovered he will always eat his veggies if I give them to him while I make the rest of lunch. Hunger always overrides being picky!)

Today I made my first buckwheat pancakes. My grammy used to make them for me every Saturday morning, but hers always were a whole wheat, buckwheat mix. Still, these brought back memories and were super delicious. I was thrilled that Mr. Pickypants liked them too. I scrambled some eggs for the boys and had just a little bit of one myself. Then I chopped up a jicama. I never had one before, but I rather like them. My husband isn't a fan (shocker) but the kiddo seems to like it okay. They look so boring in the store, and just as boring cut up, the taste and texture was a really pleasant surprise.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#240 sabin112

sabin112

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Spice-rubbed fried chicken thighs (using cumin, coriander and paprika) on rice, topped with avocado and a squirt of lemon juice. Still feeling a bit hungry so I might have to snack on some cashew nuts until dinner time. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: