This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

love2travel

love2travel Mentor

A big fat serving of Welsh Rarebit.  Oh, man... :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
notme Experienced

A big fat serving of Welsh Rarebit.  Oh, man... :wub:

i would love2 have that recipe :) 

that was my favorite 'comfort food' when i was a kid - my mother made it with 2 cans of soup - cheddar and tomato.  i'm sure yours is better lolz ^_^

love2travel Mentor

i would love2 have that recipe :)

that was my favorite 'comfort food' when i was a kid - my mother made it with 2 cans of soup - cheddar and tomato.  i'm sure yours is better lolz ^_^

Mine is the real deal with the Cheddar, egg, cream, Worcestershire but I did not use ale this time.  I can find a recipe if you want with actual measurements!  :P

notme Experienced

Mine is the real deal with the Cheddar, egg, cream, Worcestershire but I did not use ale this time.  I can find a recipe if you want with actual measurements!  :P

yummsss - actual measurements (just for the first time lolz!)  i will google around if yours is in your head  ;)  many of my recipes are not written down anywhere.  my friends call me 'the swedish chef' <like the muppet)  because when i cook, i just throw stuff in a pot with seemingly no rhyme or reason.  and i never give them my recipes because they are too lazy to write them down hahaha  :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

I had no idea what you guys were talking about. I had heard of welsh rarebit before but had no clue what it was so I googled it. Alton Brown has a recipe for it. You know... if you're going to go out looking on teh interwebz for a recipe. It sounds delicious!

love2travel Mentor

Actually, Alton's is similar to what I use. Google Jamie Oliver's. His is sublime! In fact, that is what I am making today for lunch.

notme Experienced

wow, they all look delicious!  none with any sort of tomato, though, i wonder what my mom was thinking lolz  ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

I had a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich. :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

wow, they all look delicious!  none with any sort of tomato, though, i wonder what my mom was thinking lolz  ^_^

Mom's can be weird. Mine definitely had some, uh, unique ideas about cooking. But omg did she ever make a killer mac & cheese! Which, if she found out I was eating a single serve microwave kind from a box for lunch today she'd disown me. :ph34r:

I had a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich. :wub:

Kinda jealous, I really miss strawberries. I love them lots but they don't love me back.

shadowicewolf Proficient

It was homemade as well... just strawberries, sugar, and the stuff to make the jelly. I recently (as of the last few months) got it back.

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Welsh Rarebit AGAIN but with bacon jam on the bread first. Honestly. What could be better?

JustCricket Newbie

Every time I read "sandwich" or "bread" or "mac 'n cheese," I freak out a little bit. lol. Then, I remember that we ARE talking gluten-free. Must be my newbie status to gluten intolerance.

I went simple and quick with tuna fish with mayo and Almond Nut Thins. Now I wish I'd had a sandwich, instead. *sigh*

shadowicewolf Proficient

Every time I read "sandwich" or "bread" or "mac 'n cheese," I freak out a little bit. lol. Then, I remember that we ARE talking gluten-free. Must be my newbie status to gluten intolerance.

I went simple and quick with tuna fish with mayo and Almond Nut Thins. Now I wish I'd had a sandwich, instead. *sigh*

Yep B)

I had some lunch meat with swiss cheese rolled up with a bit of mayo and some van's cheese crackers.....

notme Experienced

Welsh Rarebit AGAIN but with bacon jam on the bread first. Honestly. What could be better?

lolz, love2 - i still had some of my welsh 'fakebit' left, so that's what i had, on toast - no bacon jam - but i did use the tomatoes from the garden - YES i am still having fresh tomatoes from the garden!  i picked all i could find the night before our first predicted frost, and they are ripening on the back porch.  dumb things, don't they know any better???!!!!  (my husband actually BOUGHT a tomato for salad last weekend, i was all like 'AHEM!  we have a ton of tomatoes on the back porch!!)   :lol:

MGR Apprentice

Today I had a wonderful smoked salmon and. Lactose free cream cheese salad.

love2travel Mentor

Today I had a wonderful smoked salmon and. Lactose free cream cheese salad.

Mmmmmm.....smoked salmon.

• 2 weeks later...
MGR Apprentice

Carrot, onions and courgette with reice and quinoa mixture together with chicken broth I made overnight in my slow cooker...

love2travel Mentor

Although it is -20 outside, I craved a smoothie. So, I made a strawberry, banana and peach one - so thick it was akin to soft ice cream.

moosemalibu Collaborator

rotisserie chicken, stir fry veggies, brown rice. Yum!

love2travel Mentor

Welsh Rarebit! Can't get enough of it.

love2travel Mentor

Leftover homemade pizza from last night.  I was able to roll out and knead the dough which is such a joy! 

love2travel Mentor

Millet brown rice pasta with homemade tomato sauce and basil pesto.

love2travel Mentor

Eggs Benedict with unctuous hollandaise to mix with the slightly runny orange yolks. Oh, be still my heart!

love2travel Mentor

My raspberry, mango and coconut smoothie was delicious, even though it is -22C (windchill -33). 

Archived