• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Leftover Vichyssoise
Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Spiced Oil and Lime
Yogurt with bee pollen
Kiwi
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

As I am not home (am housesitting) I only have access to the things I brought here. Things have been very simple indeed these past several days! Can't wait to get home to cook as I miss it terribly.

Cumin Scented Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Fresh Lime
Fresh Pear with Caramel
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#18 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Gluten Free Cafe frozen thing of chicken and vegetables. I was able to add enough gluten-free soy sauce to make it somewhat edible. Blah!

#19 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Gluten Free Cafe frozen thing of chicken and vegetables. I was able to add enough gluten-free soy sauce to make it somewhat edible. Blah!

Sounds...um...tempting! :P

#20 spryng

spryng

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Leftover sweet tacos which is pork n beans mixed with cooked hamburger meat with onions (sauteed with the meat) with a few seasoning like chilli etc and eaten in a corn tortilla. It's actually really yummy and we make a big batch so I can eat leftovers for awhile. I've been eating it since I was a kid and it was awesome to find out it's gluten free, yay!
Spryng

mother to 4 great kids, 32 years old

Gluten free since Nov 2012

#21 stanleymonkey

stanleymonkey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

my little monkey had rice noodles, chicKen, roasted parsnips, kale, and hummus

#22 ElseB

ElseB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Homemade hummus with a pile of raw veggies.

#23 beebs

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

homemade savoury piklets with zucchini, carrot, peas, cheese, a bit of bacon and spices. Yum!
HLA DQ8, gluten-free since January 2011

#24 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

What pikelet recipe do you use, Beebs? I've been looking for a good'un!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#25 beebs

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I just use 1 cup s/r flour (I use white wings) 1 egg, and 1 cup of milk (double it if you want to do a big batch - I sometimes just freeze some in batches) then I add whatever I feel like, sometimes ham, chicken, chorizo, bacon (whatever) a grated carrot, a grated zucchini and some frozen peas, grated cheese. I also mess around with herbs and spices, so today I used smoked paprika and some lemon rind and thyme and garlic. etc

If I want to make sweet piklets I just add a tablespoon of sugar and some shredded coconut mmmm....(it doesn't turn out very sweet - but that is where the maple syrup comes in!) and sometimes - if I'm feeling really decadent - I also add chopped up dried apricot and chopped up chocolate - I swear - I could live my life happily just eating piklets! Haha!

#26 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thanks!! We only get the Orgran self-raising flour here. You don't put any shortening/knob of butter (like me mum used to do) or anything in it?
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#27 beebs

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

No, no butter. But I have used Orgran and it was fine- a little more runny perhaps? Actually- whats even nicer is if you do 1 cup S/R and one cup brown rice flour, 2 eggs, two cups of milk...mmmm

#28 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

I made some gorgeous focaccia yesterday so will be having it in sandwich form with honey ham, Provolone and pistachio mint pesto I made in the fall. As I am trying to clean our our freezers I will also be having a smoothie with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.

#29 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Today I made myself Eggs Benedict on a gluten-free bun. As the dish is not exactly fat free I am scarfing down a ton of fresh blackberries.

#30 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Today was Pacific organic creamy tomato soup with some Hot Kid rice crisps. I limit nightshades and vegetables so this was a SPECIAL treat for me :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: