323 replies to this topic

#46 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Raspberry and Mango Smoothie (with lactose-free yogurt). It was lovely and thick as a milkshake. YUM!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Today I will be making myself Eggs Benedict with some lovely local ham and orange-yolked eggs and my guilty pleasure (well, one of them) hollandaise. But I did not bring any English muffins with me (I am housesitting out of town) so I will use homemade bread instead.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#48 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

I will be having a tropical smoothie. When I make smoothies I use milk as the liquid rather than juice for a thick, milkshake-like concoction. I also add ground flax seed.

#49 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Out of the house today subbing at the college. Brought some leftover chicken alfredo and a rather large slice of coconut pie. It isn't often I have to worry about lunch out of the house.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#50 lizard00

lizard00

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

ooh, I like this thread even more than the dinner one! Lunch usually baffles me. I had a sauteed chicken breast with spinach. My seasoning was perfect today because it was unreal banana peel! :lol:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#51 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I made roast potato salad with scallions - had a craving. And I have the ingredients out here housesitting with me. :)

#52 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Eggs Benedict but I make hollandaise with far less butter than what is traditional. Oven-roasted radishes.

#53 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

St. Patrick's Day brunch!

-twice baked potatoes with shallots & tarragon plus set egg
-roasted tomatoes
-mashed turnip with chives
-braised green cabbage with thyme
-slices of extra sharp cheddar
-& green tea (ok, that's my little joke)

It was surprisingly hard to plan a St. Patrick's Day meal without meat (or beer), but I did it!

#54 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

St. Patrick's Day brunch!

-twice baked potatoes with shallots & tarragon plus set egg
-roasted tomatoes
-mashed turnip with chives
-braised green cabbage with thyme
-slices of extra sharp cheddar
-& green tea (ok, that's my little joke)

It was surprisingly hard to plan a St. Patrick's Day meal without meat (or beer), but I did it!

This sounds incredible. You really prove it to us that you can cook and eat extremely well without meat. :) Love your little green tea joke. :P

#55 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Similar in ways to Lucia's lunch except mine is not quite vegetarian, nor is it celebratory of St. Patrick's Day. It is also not nearly as extensive. I did not plan for St. Patrick's Day, sadly.

Twice Baked Potato with Chorizo and Aged Goat's Cheese
Cucumber Salad - at least the cukes are green!
Sparkling Apple Juice

#56 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

A big salad and half a piece of spice cake
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#57 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

It is snowing hard so it is a good day for Smoky Ham, Apple Cider and Vegetable Soup with Grainy Mustard.

Tomorrow I will make some gluten-free buttermilk biscuits to go with the soup.

#58 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Leftover cabbage and noodles with corned beef for us today.

#59 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Not having the soup for lunch - I have a craving for a tuna melt with lots of capers.

#60 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

My daughter and I really wanted pizza today so I took the Schar crust and topped it with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, broccoli, leftover roasted chicken and a mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: