323 replies to this topic

#61 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

My daughter and I really wanted pizza today so I took the Schar crust and topped it with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, broccoli, leftover roasted chicken and a mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend.

Are the Schar crusts thick and chewy or thin and crispy? Mmm...I love pizza.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Very thick strawberry, mango and peach smoothie with ground flaxseed.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#63 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Are the Schar crusts thick and chewy or thin and crispy? Mmm...I love pizza.

They are on the thinner side and I leave them in the oven until they are slightly browned on the bottom so that they are crispy. I also cook them on aluminum foil which seems to help the crispy factor.

#64 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

They are on the thinner side and I leave them in the oven until they are slightly browned on the bottom so that they are crispy. I also cook them on aluminum foil which seems to help the crispy factor.

When I go to Croatia in May I will look for them there. We do not have Schar pizza crusts here. And there I will be able to cook them in our outdoor wood burning oven - I love the charred flavour. Pizzas only take about 90 seconds to cook at such a high heat.

#65 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

I made chicken salad with my leftover roasted chicken from the other night, onions and celery plus with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and ground mustard seed.

I ate in on Popcorn Indiana Sea Salt Chipins.

#66 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

When I go to Croatia in May I will look for them there. We do not have Schar pizza crusts here. And there I will be able to cook them in our outdoor wood burning oven - I love the charred flavour. Pizzas only take about 90 seconds to cook at such a high heat.

Oh that sounds so good.

#67 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Carrot sticks, humus, and a turkey sandwich on an Udi hotdog bun. I like to use the hotdog buns like a mini sub.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#68 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Oh that sounds so good.

Actually, better yet - we'll make our own dough and pile on the great local toppings including prsut (air dried ham similar to Italian prosciutto only better), wild asparagus, various local cheeses, wild mushrooms and wild herbs we pick a few feet from our front door. Maybe even some wild garlic and wild fennel. I can hardly wait. :)

#69 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Toasted sandwich with ajvar, prosciutto, porchetta and provolone.

#70 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Local pecorino cheese, mushroom, poblano, chive and ham omelettes that my husband made. :)

#71 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Wild blueberry smoothie. Homemade AWESOME chewy chocolate chip cookie.

#72 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

A baked sweet potato with some brown sugar and a red delicious apple with cinnamon and sugar. - homemade lemonade.

#73 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Wow, that sounds great. Do you put butter and cinnamon on your sweet potato, also? That's what I do with brown sugar. Love it!

I had M&Ms, sliced apple with 365 crunchy peanutbutter, and water. I'm on spring break and was proofreading for a new magazine. No time for a big meal :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#74 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I toasted some chipotle peppers and ground them with toasted coriander and cumin seeds; blended with some sumac and a touch of brown sugar to balance the flavours. Sprinkled that on a baked potato for lunch. Leftover stir-fried vegetables.

#75 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Tuna with lemon and caper sauce on toast.
Herbes de Provence sweet potato fries with homemade ketchup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: