323 replies to this topic

#91 JeanneA

JeanneA

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Leftover chicken noodle soup (Gluten Free Cafe---it's quite good!) and some Schar 'table crackers' with peanut butter and homemade apple jam, cup of tea.
Gluten-free and so grateful, as I can now live not only mostly free from the IBS that had started to get really bad, but also am now living almost migraine-free and insomnia-free.

Either gluten intolerant or allergic to wheat; time will tell. The important thing for me, though, is that I feel so much better. I feel like it hardly matters what the actual problem is at this point.

Also allergic to MSG, sulfites, and nitrates. Hypoglycemic and have Hashimoto's.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Almost forgot about this thread!

Tuna salad sandwich (tuna salad with lots of capers, aioli, lemon juice, chives, Greek oregano)
Fresh blueberries
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#93 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

PB&J on yesterday's leftover pancakes. I was skeptical about it when I was making it but it's pretty darn good. I have a new jar of strawberry smoothie jam I picked up at a carnival Saturday night. (No worries, the lady who made it has a 5 yo celiac son.) Also some pistachio fluff. I just throw together a pack of pudding, some cool whip and some marshmallows and a can of fruit. Whatever flavors strike me as a good idea at the time. This does not always result in a success. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#94 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Tomato sandwich and a dill pickle.
It's 30 degrees and 38 humidex here :(

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#95 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Tomato sandwich and a dill pickle.
It's 30 degrees and 38 humidex here :(

YUCK! Sorry - I do not mean your lunch but your weather. We are at a perfect 15C at the moment. This is my ideal temp where I feel most energized and healthy. I hate our -40C and our +35C extremes. :angry:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#96 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Mid 70's and our usual barely existent humidity, I'll take it! I was going to have a spinach salad with chicken and honey mustard dressing, but instead I threw the whole thing on an arepa. Quick, easy and no mess. I followed up with a little cottage cheese and homemade apple butter.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#97 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Blueberry pomegranate smoothie. Er, with soft ice cream texture. A few peanuts.

#98 RL2011

RL2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Grilled skirt steak and arugula cooked in olive oil. Simple and delicious.
Richard

#99 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

Grilled skirt steak and arugula cooked in olive oil. Simple and delicious.

That is a delicious combo. I am growing lots of arugula again this year as we go through a lot of it.

#100 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Sole and some rice.
It's 20 and rainy today, almost cold compared to yesterday. Crazy Canadian weather. :huh:

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#101 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Roast beef, chicken and cheddar sandwich on Rudi's original with canola oil mayo and spicy brown mustard. Served it with green olives and salt and vinegar chips.

#102 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Eggs Benedict on a bagel (I made a low-fat version of Hollandaise)
Frozen grapes

#103 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Strawberry Mango Coconut Smoothie

#104 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Sole en Papillote with White Wine and Capers
Baked Potato with Garlic Chive Butter

#105 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Alas, I did not make the mustard this time. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: