This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

love2travel

kareng Grand Master

Gluten-Free Ryeless Rye Bread

Is that all you ate? Did you make it yourself?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adalaide Mentor

My husband is working insane hours for the holidays so it is just me and the kiddo today. Gonna steam and candy some carrots to have with my leftover turkey. I think I have a little fresh cheese left I can fry up to have with it. I'll throw together some tapioca pudding for dessert and eat it while it's still warm.

Marilyn R Community Regular

An amazingly good salad.

Hearts of romaine, watercress, raddicio (sp?), a fresh sliced perfectly ripened bosc pear, creamy goat cheese, walnuts and a balsamic reduction. I tried to think of what would make it better and couldn't think of anything but how good it was. It was that good.

love2travel Mentor

It's snowing yet again. Man, I'm sick of winter already! :wacko:

To remedy that, I am making Black Bean Soup with Chiles en Adobo, Lime and BACON. Probably some sort of fruit. But all the winter stuff is rock hard or pulpy or putrid.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Lazy- pan fried hot dog bites with broccoli. I get frozen organic veggies

at Trader Joe's for a good price, and they have the BEST veggies, and

that way I don't have to do any of the chopping or deal with stuff going

bad on my counter or in my fridge. Is a win-win!

love2travel Mentor

Tuna salad (with fresh lemon juice, capers, et. al.) on a toasted ciabatta bun (Schar - not homemade this time :( ).

love2travel Mentor

I don't know why I am torturing myself, but my craving today is for a coconut milk, mango and raspberry smoothie with a touch of lime juice. It is currently -14C so my teeth will probably be chattering in a few moments... :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

You, quite frankly, are as crazy as me. I drink milkshakes all winter long. My husband thinks I'm a nut. I'm like... you married me so I guess you're the one with the problem! :lol:

I actually cooked today. I felt like a burger so I grilled one up on my new Cuisinart grill. Made some arepas and made some queso fresco for it. I meant to fry some green beans but remembered I was going to about the same time the burgers were getting done so I just popped a can of them open instead. Not nearly as good, but at least it was a vegetable.

love2travel Mentor

You, quite frankly, are as crazy as me. I drink milkshakes all winter long. My husband thinks I'm a nut. I'm like... you married me so I guess you're the one with the problem! :lol:

You're right - we are both crazy. My lips can practically turn blue yet I keep on with those smoothies.

But today is a soup day. I made pasta e fagioli and it is excellent. Today I am also making an artisan loaf of bread, with a slit slightly off centre and heavily dusted with flour, and awesome flavour. I love that I can form it into a loaf with my hands.

love2travel Mentor

My husband did some spoiling today. He cubed up some potatoes for hash then added ham, sauteed mushrooms and softly-scrambled eggs with scallions. He had his with melted Cheddar; mine was without. I just love that type of lunch, especially on a cold -20C blizzarding day.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I want your snow... send it to me please.... heck i'd take the negative temps with it....

At any rate, i had an apple (a rather large one at that) with peanutbutter and honey as a dip. Its been a couple of months since i had a raw apple. Nice change of pace me thinks and my tummy didn't act up at all (outside of when i got too full, but who's doesn't?) :lol:

love2travel Mentor

I want your snow... send it to me please.... heck i'd take the negative temps with it....

At any rate, i had an apple (a rather large one at that) with peanutbutter and honey as a dip. Its been a couple of months since i had a raw apple. Nice change of pace me thinks and my tummy didn't act up at all (outside of when i got too full, but who's doesn't?) :lol:

You can have as much snow as you want. Honestly. We've had lots of snow and cold for six solid weeks and have about five more months ahead of this. Snow looks pretty for awhile but it gets sickening having to bundle up all the time and do the sidewalk and driveway every other day. The streets are slick. Can you tell I dislike our winters? If we only had three months of snow it would be fine but when you have six months to look forward to it gets tired very quickly. It just seems to drag on and on and on and on... We have high incidences of Seasonal Affective Disorder here.

Mgyoung77 Apprentice

Creamy chicken soup and a bagel with cream cheese.

Creamy chicken soup? Sounds yummy. Did you make it? If so, can you share the recipe? I miss Campbell's soup.

cahill Collaborator

red lentils,rice stri fry

love2travel Mentor

Tuna salad with tons of lemon juice and capers on a bun.

Chickpeas drizzled with green grassy olive oil from Croatia sprinkled with finishing salt.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Encore butternut squash, olives artichoke hearts tomatoes cucumber peppers tuna and mayo

Mgyoung77 Apprentice

Pepper jack cheese rolled up in Boars Head Virginia ham, fresh strawberries, and yogurt.

love2travel Mentor

Quinoa flakes bake - throw together applesauce, cinnamon, flakes, coconut, a touch of sugar (or honey or agave) and bake. Then top with homemade almond butter. It's gonna be great!

love2travel Mentor

Eggs Benedict with chives in the Hollandaise sauce. Simple but oh, so good on a very cold (-23F) day.

GFreeMO Proficient

Honey ham rolled in corn tortilla and some fritos and an orange.

love2travel Mentor

Roasted Poblano, Corn and Potato Soup - scrumptious!

Raw cuke

jerseyangel Proficient

Leftover white pizza with ricotta, tea, and a Lara Bar.

love2travel Mentor

Leftover Roasted Poblano, Corn and Potato Soup

Strawberry lactose-free yogurt with plump blackberries and banana

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Curry chicken and fried apples

jerseyangel Proficient

Leftover baked ziti and a Magnum Bar

Archived