323 replies to this topic

#121 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

I also prefer Rudi's to Udi's for that same reason. They're about the same price here, somewhere between $4.50 and $5.50 a loaf. The taste and texture is every so slightly better also imo.

I'm feeling particularly lazy today. (I'm also still trying to climb out of this fog.) So I'm thinking that I'll probably just throw a burger on grill for the kiddo and me and pop a can of carrots or something for us to share.

I couldn't handle the paranoia of feeding a gluten eating kid the gluten lunch his mom brought for him every day. I finally told her enough was enough and that he'll be gluten free here.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#122 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ham and eggs with onion and herbs, fryed in a pan. Yesterday same (but no eggs) and mushrooms too and ate them in a corn tortilla.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#123 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Baguette with olive oil from Croatia, fleur de sel, prosciutto, fresh sheep cheese, fresh figs, chestnut honey from Croatia and toasted walnuts. A perfect and wonderful lunch.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#124 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Roast Sweet Potato Fries with Cuban Seasoning Blend
Roast Potatoes with Southwestern Seasoning Blend
Frozen grapes
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#125 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Leftover Creamy Parmesan Polenta with Tomato Ragout
Raw carrots

#126 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Same thing exactly as my August 19 post:

Baguette with olive oil from Croatia, fleur de sel, prosciutto, fresh sheep cheese, fresh figs, chestnut honey from Croatia and toasted walnuts. Absolutely amazing. Everyone must try this at least once! :)

#127 nomoregluten

nomoregluten

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

This is one of my favourites. I made it today again.

#128 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Vichyssoise Soup because it is chilly and raining. Love this weather! :)

#129 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Vichyssoise Soup because it is chilly and raining. Love this weather! :)

I love the rain! It's the only thing about PA (other than my family) that I miss. You could share.

I've been eating leftovers for lunch every day. I feed my 1 1/2 year old cousin I babysit for 4 days a week and I usually pop a can of vegetables (he'll eat about 2/3 in a sitting :blink: ) and we split whatever leftover meat I have from the previous night. Pork tenderloin, pot roast, pork chops, steak, ham. We've been having a pretty good time of it. Lunch time is so much more pleasant now that I told his mom that I want him gluten free while he's in the house here. It was just far too complicated trying to feed him whatever gluten she brought him and try to get my own lunch and keep myself uncontaminated. I enjoy his gluten free company a whole lot more too. It's a blast being able to share a bowl of gelato with the little guy for an afternoon treat!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#130 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

New Potato Hash with Poached Egg and Salsa Fresca

#131 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Vichyssoise soup. Simply delicious.

#132 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hot dog on Udi's bun with homemade chili and slaw. Chili and slaw were leftovers, so it was a super easy lunch.

#133 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Against the Grain pizza.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#134 kittty

kittty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

A greek yogurt, and some thai coconut taro crispy things. They're great! They taste like they should be made out of wheat, but it's just coconut and taro flour with sesame and a few other things. Totally recommend them!

#135 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Fancy schmancy duck breast salad - wilted greens with seared duck breast using some of its fat to create a red wine vinaigrette to which toasted pine nuts that have been crushed to the vinaigrette; rounds of goat cheese coated in dry crumbs and quickly seared. Not only that but plum chutney to go with all. Incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: