Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Any Celiacs In Blairsville Pa Area?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a 22 yr old son who has been gluten-free for over 2 years. It remains to be determined how thrilled he is with me when he finds out I did this. I am NOT posting to find him romance, (he can take care of that fine himself) but it would be nice if there is a celiac or 2 at wyotechs campus or vicinity for ya'all to maybe get together. He is a 'motorhead', also into art, computer games and photograpy. He is an avid pool player and was a member of the APA when he lived in NJ. He is respectfull and polite and while he can be very quiet when he firsts meets people he relaxes quickly. He does not smoke or do drugs and is a very light drinker, and yes, I know I'm Mom but we talk extensively. Anyway any of us out there in his age range?

Ads by Google:

I'm 18 but I live about 3 hours away in MD. Always looking for other celiacs my age to hang out with as friends. I have relatives up in PA so I am up there sometimes too. :D

I'm 18 but I live about 3 hours away in MD. Always looking for other celiacs my age to hang out with. I have relatives up in PA so I am up there sometimes too.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not young or single but I live in the area. Just wanted to let you know that a doctor in Indiana, Pa. has diagnosed at least 200 people in the past year or so and they have Celiac Support meetings at the Indiana Hospital, which isn't very far from Blairsville. They also have a new terrific Health Food Store which carries a lot of gluten-free foods, just thought he might like to know.

I'm not young or single but I live in the area. Just wanted to let you know that a doctor in Indiana, Pa. has diagnosed at least 200 people in the past year or so and they have Celiac Support meetings at the Indiana Hospital, which isn't very far from Blairsville. They also have a new terrific Health Food Store which carries a lot of gluten-free foods, just thought he might like to know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your reply. Do you know the name of the store and the street it's on? Also do y'all have Wegmans in PA? I wish every company would label their gluten-free foods. It would make life so much easier. Best wishes.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know the name of the store and the street it's on? Also do y'all have Wegmans in PA?  I wish every company would label their gluten-free foods. It would make life so much easier. Best wishes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll call tomorrow to find out, it's posted at my GI doc's office.

I live about forty minutes from Indiana, PA which is close to Blairsville. I go to the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg campus and am 21 years old. I'm also interested in knowing about the doctor and food store in Indiana as there's not much around here. We have an East End Food Co-Op on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, you can take Route 22 all the way from Indiana to there. There's also a store called Nature's Way in Greensburg near my campus. Also, Giant Eagle the local grocery chain has started to incorporate gluten-free/wheat-free foods into their special foods/vegetarian/organic section so if he has one of those near he could check into that.

I live about forty minutes from Indiana, PA which is close to Blairsville.  I go to the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg campus and am 21 years old.  I'm also interested in knowing about the doctor and food store in Indiana as there's not much around here.  We have an East End Food Co-Op on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, you can take Route 22 all the way from Indiana to there.  There's also a store called Nature's Way in Greensburg near my campus.  Also, Giant Eagle the local grocery chain has started to incorporate gluten-free/wheat-free foods into their special foods/vegetarian/organic section so if he has one of those near he could check into that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your reply, I will be sure to let him know about golden eagle. Thanks