Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Not Have Any Trouble With Wheat In Shampoo...etc?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Metoo

Metoo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

Has anyone here not had any issues with bueaty products that contained gluten or wheat?

I have not had any noticeable effects from my shampoo, and it contains wheat as one of the first ingredients I noticed this morning!

I was wondering if this could be normal to not have any topical problems?

I also do NOT let any water run down my face either, I am very digilant about getting anything on my face mouth because of my acne.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

Has anyone here not had any issues with bueaty products that contained gluten or wheat?

I have not had any noticeable effects from my shampoo, and it contains wheat as one of the first ingredients I noticed this morning!

I was wondering if this could be normal to not have any topical problems?

I also do NOT let any water run down my face either, I am very digilant about getting anything on my face mouth because of my acne.

Really ??? It does sound like you may still be having gluten issues with your acne...??? That shampoo may be causing the Acne issue???
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#3 Metoo

Metoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

Really ??? It does sound like you may still be having gluten issues with your acne...??? That shampoo may be causing the Acne issue???

According to my dermatologist my acne is bacteria related. With antibiotics in 2 months I am more than 75% clear now...and no cystic acne.

So I guess I don't at this point see a relation since the antibiotic is clearing it.

Although, I guess I haven't taken it in the last 2 weeks (waiting for my husbands new prescription coverage) and my acne is still clearing.

The shampoo surely isn't making it worse. I have always been careful about not getting anything on my face because I had horrible cystic acne.

Of course this isn't a very good scientific test because I went gluten free more than 4 weeks ago.

#4 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

It took about 2 months for me to react to topical gluten. Then, after investing in multiple bottles of my skin care (that was "gluten sensitive safe" but still had gluten in it) my eyes started swelling. Changed to MyChelle and the swelling went away.

Was still using an Aveda product with gluten (ingredients were on package but I didn't have package) in my hair and started developing cysts on my scalp. Stopped using it and they went away immediately.

So, I would say you could develop a problem at any time but others never develop a problem.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#5 Katrala

Katrala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

My conditioner has wheat it in and I've used it without problem for the past 8 months.

I've never had any skin-type symptoms before, though, and I don't have any other symptoms when using it.

However, my conditioner only contains hydrolyzed wheat protein that *isn't* the first ingredient.
Positive Celiac (Blood & Biopsy) - April 2011
Peanut Allergy

#6 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

I bought shampoo that had a recall for undeclared wheat. I used it on vacation and had huge whelts after going out on the water all day. (Not sunburned)

We all seem to have different reactions.
Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: