Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Taco Bell

8 posts in this topic

I looked on Taco Bell's website and on the Sensitivities page, it lists Red Sauce as containing no gluten or wheat. But on the Ingredients page, it states that Red Sauce contains Yeast Extract (Contains Gluten). UGH! Does anyone know whether it actually contains gluten?

Ads by Google:

Yeast extract is gluten-free, unless something foreign is added to it. It does, however, contain MSG which is often mistakenly thought to contain gluten.

Why, if your gluten-free would you eat Taco Bell? Too mush of CC in that place for me. Make the tacos @ home.

There isn't much gluten free at Taco Bell as it stands...I'd probably find another dining option!

I looked on Taco Bell's website and on the Sensitivities page, it lists Red Sauce as containing no gluten or wheat. But on the Ingredients page, it states that Red Sauce contains Yeast Extract (Contains Gluten). UGH! Does anyone know whether it actually contains gluten?

Yeast extract is usually safe but if Taco Bell states it contains gluten I sure wouldn't eat it. Why on earth would you take the chance?

Agree with Skylark. I'd stay away from it. Personally, now that there's a Qdoba AND Chipotle within 10 minutes of me, Taco Bell just does not appeal to me any more.

Some of us are not as fortunate as you are, Goof. Taco Bell is it around here.

According to my eating out app the only two things that are safe at Taco bell are the pinto beans and rice. I know from personal experience that the meat has gluten in it. I stay away from there since there's nothing I can eat.