16 replies to this topic

#16 salexander421

salexander421

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

My girls were both picky eaters before gluten free, they were also cured of their picky eating by the gluten free diet! I think once their little tummy's aren't hurting anymore they're much more open to food. My girls are 2 and 3 1/2 and they have AMAZING appetites and are pretty open to trying new things. They're new favorite thing to eat for lunch is salmon salad or egg salad wrapped up in a cabbage leave as a "wrap". They pretty much clear their plates most of the time now. I think a big thing is getting them involved in the process of picking and cooking foods.
Proud breastfeeding, toddlerwearing, part time cosleeping, stay at home mom. Positive for two copies of DQ8, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge; biopsy showed gastritis, inflammation in the esophagus, and hiatial hernia but no signs of celiac. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/11/2011

ODD 3 1/2, positive for DQ8 and DQ6, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011

YDD 2, no testing. Positive for DQ8 and DQ6. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

I decided I didn't want to make 2 dinners. I have the family eat gluten free dinner. When we all do it, it is easy. Perhaps have the whole family eat a certain way for a time. That will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: