deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hope your anxiety and other symptoms do not come roaring back. Mine always

do with any accidental CC. :unsure:

Hmm...yes it would appear some of my neuro symptoms have also resurfaced...I guess even occasional "cheating" is not worth it!

Your friends won't take your diet seriously if it appears that you can can go off and on it?

Good point...I'd never let my close friends see me eat gluten...these were out of towners I was trying to impress at the expense of my health lol.

PS..I kind of like a guy with long arms. You'd be handy for reaching things on the top shelf of the cabinet. ;)

Haha! Well I like ladies who can cook things I reach for ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Doh! I forgot to add...once I went gluten-free my blood pressure lowered on it's own. I was able to quit taking my blood pressure meds. I guess the inflammation that gluten causes can raise one's blood pressure?

#33 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hmm...yes it would appear some of my neuro symptoms have also resurfaced...I guess even occasional "cheating" is not worth it!

Good point...I'd never let my close friends see me eat gluten...these were out of towners I was trying to impress at the expense of my health lol.

Nope, occasional cheating is NEVER worth it---it just reboots the autoimmume response. Neuro issues are the SLOWEST to resolve, so those ugly buggers last a few weeks. :blink: I hate that anxiety stuff...yuck.

I'll give you my "mom" tsk, tsk (waggling my finger) and then say---"Hope you learned your lesson, young man!!" :lol: Seriously, though---not a good idea to ingest gluten, okay??

As for impressing people---yeah, but what if you had to leave the table suddenly to vomit or "expell" something?? THAT would be very impressive, huh?? :rolleyes: So attractive. <_<

You have a serious condition that requires care, hon--I know, you are probably in your 20's and think you are bullet proof (yeah, I was once, too
and wouldn't have given a rat's butt about such things--smoke, drink, whatever,,,,I thought, nothing can hurt me :lol: ) but kiddo, please don't mess with gluten anymore. Live a good, long healthy life!!

Be well--be happy---now, that's attractive ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#34 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Doh! I forgot to add...once I went gluten-free my blood pressure lowered on it's own. I was able to quit taking my blood pressure meds. I guess the inflammation that gluten causes can raise one's blood pressure?

I hope that happens with me! It only seems logical inflammation would cause higher blood pressure... I'm getting a BP monitor so I will keep an eye on it.

I would also like to get off my GERD meds someday too although that's a bit more doubtful b/c I think I have some mechanical issues that are unlikely to change. :blink:

Nope, occasional cheating is NEVER worth it---it just reboots the autoimmume response. Neuro issues are the SLOWEST to resolve, so those ugly buggers last a few weeks. :blink: I hate that anxiety stuff...yuck.
Be well--be happy---now, that's attractive ;)

I will take your advice! B)

#35 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

I will take your advice! B)

intelligence and common sense are very attractive traits :) girls like
smart guys ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#36 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I would also like to get off my GERD meds someday too although that's a bit more doubtful b/c I think I have some mechanical issues that are unlikely to change. :blink:

I have been on PPI med for a long time for severe GERD. Since I think my gluten and soy were causing it, I recently asked my new Dr. if he thought I could try going off the PPI? He said to give it a try and use an H2 blocker like Zantac if really needed.
Those GERD meds can cause all sorts of bad side effects,especially with long term use, so I hope you can get to where you can try going off them too.

#37 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have been on PPI med for a long time for severe GERD. Since I think my gluten and soy were causing it, I recently asked my new Dr. if he thought I could try going off the PPI? He said to give it a try and use an H2 blocker like Zantac if really needed.
Those GERD meds can cause all sorts of bad side effects,especially with long term use, so I hope you can get to where you can try going off them too.

Thanks for the info...I'm going to ask my doctor about that. I don't want to take PPI's for the rest of my life. I already have Osteopenia as it is.

Just a little update on my progress for you folks:

All inclusive resort buffets are the devil!!! Eat at your own risk! :ph34r:

#38 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

All inclusive resort buffets are the devil!!! Eat at your own risk! :ph34r:

Buffets, diners, salad bars,....vewwwy scawwwy. :ph34r:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#39 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

My spleen hurts.... :angry:

#40 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

My spleen hurts.... :angry:

uh-oh what's going on???

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#41 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

uh-oh what's going on???

Not sure yet, but it seems like I've got an enlarged spleen...I have an ultrasound scheduled. I can't help but suspect it's Celiac related.

Cross your fingers for me!!! :blink:

#42 BarryC

BarryC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi Good to see more guys. I havent been diagnosed with celiac, but I am pretty sure I am gluten sensitive. I figure it out a few years ago but kept backsliding. Cant resist my toast!
Started agin Jan first and getting better slowly-I am 52 so it will take longer.
I also have GERD, anxiety, hypertension, I.B.S., A.D.D. (real bad as an adolescent), and sleep apnea.All are improving. The worst is the big hard distended belly but it is beginning to soften up. At my age I dont expect to get washboard abs. Looking back I lived on toast, and my Granny fed me her delicious home baked bread. I was the only kid that 'had to lie down and take a nap' after eating it!

#43 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Not sure yet, but it seems like I've got an enlarged spleen...I have an ultrasound scheduled. I can't help but suspect it's Celiac related.

Cross your fingers for me!!! :blink:

Well, a bunch of organs I had were enlarged due to celiac--really, my GB, Spleen, liver, pancreas, thyroid--I had all kinds of "itisis"--so it is possible. Inflammation can cause lots of problems. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed, of course!

Are you sticking to your diet, kiddo?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#44 deltron80

deltron80

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi Good to see more guys. I havent been diagnosed with celiac, but I am pretty sure I am gluten sensitive. I figure it out a few years ago but kept backsliding. Cant resist my toast!
Started agin Jan first and getting better slowly-I am 52 so it will take longer.
I also have GERD, anxiety, hypertension, I.B.S., A.D.D. (real bad as an adolescent), and sleep apnea.All are improving. The worst is the big hard distended belly but it is beginning to soften up. At my age I dont expect to get washboard abs. Looking back I lived on toast, and my Granny fed me her delicious home baked bread. I was the only kid that 'had to lie down and take a nap' after eating it!

Yup, I've got all those symptoms too! It's nice to know there are other people out there going through the same thing.

Well, a bunch of organs I had were enlarged due to celiac--really, GB, Spleen, liver, thyroid--I had all kinds of "itisis"--so it is possible. Inflammation can cause lots of problems. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed, of course!

Are you sticking to your diet, kiddo?

I've probably got a lot of other 'enlarged' organs in my sizable abdomen... I've only been getting fatter since going gluten free though...I guess I need to cut back a bit on the hard cider haha.

I've been sticking to the diet except for the few transgressions noted above, although my diet could still use some work!

#45 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

I've been sticking to the diet except for the few transgressions noted above, although my diet could still use some work!

You are the only one that controls what goes in your mouth, kiddo.

You have got to be more careful!! This is not something to mess with.

You know this already because we already "Mommed" you enough with it.

But I do hope your spleen is okay. Keep us posted.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: