3 replies to this topic

#1 sundrop32

sundrop32

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

Has anyone had any issues with P F Chang's gluten free options? We ordered gluten-free Mongolian Beef.....but we are unsure if they might have accidentally prepared with non gluten-free ingredients.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NateJ

NateJ

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

Has anyone had any issues with P F Chang's gluten free options? We ordered gluten-free Mongolian Beef.....but we are unsure if they might have accidentally prepared with non gluten-free ingredients.

No. I've eaten there twice, two different places in two different cities, no issues.
The servers could use my training, but I didn't get sick.

#3 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

My husband (who has gluten intolerance) has eaten the Mongo Beef entree from the gluten-free menu many times with no reaction symptoms. I've eaten the Ginger Salmon (from the gluten-free menu) many times and never had reactions. I'm much more sensitive than my husband, because I get excruciating gut pain and bloating from eating gluten. So I'm certain PFC's gluten-free menu entree items are truly gluten free.

HOWEVER, if you have other food allergies (esp. soy), bring your own 'coconut aminos' soy free sauce, and inquire about the ingredients in your chosen entree, because PFC (like most Asian style restaurants) frequently use soy in preparation.

If you had reactions after eating gluten-free entrees at PFC, you might consider what other delayed reaction allergies you might have.

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#4 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

My husband (who has gluten intolerance) has eaten the Mongo Beef entree from the gluten-free menu many times with no reaction symptoms. I've eaten the Ginger Salmon (from the gluten-free menu) many times and never had reactions. I'm much more sensitive than my husband, because I get excruciating gut pain and bloating from eating gluten. So I'm certain PFC's gluten-free menu entree items are truly gluten free.

HOWEVER, if you have other food allergies (esp. soy), bring your own 'coconut aminos' soy free sauce, and inquire about the ingredients in your chosen entree, because PFC (like most Asian style restaurants) frequently use soy in preparation.

If you had reactions after eating gluten-free entrees at PFC, you might consider what other delayed reaction allergies you might have.

I've eaten at pf Changs and been fine. However, I did get sick once, I really think it was the server.

I go to a different one now and I am fine. I do have to avoid the dishes that have soy in them. I got eggdrop soup and shrimp with lobster sauce. I had no reaction when I ate there last month and didn't get sick. I do have my entire table order gluten-free.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: