1 reply to this topic

#1 kelsie ferguson

kelsie ferguson

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

im eighteen years old and got married two months ago. i just took an at home pregnancy test. i got diagnosed with celiac disease in the fifth grade and did the diet for about a year and a half. i started cheating every once and a while and eventually went completely off. after a few weeeks of being married i ended up in the emergency room with a herniated disc they gave me a pregnancy test by blood and it was positive, but after testing it again it came out negative three times. i had a really irregular period after that and i think i miscarried and now a month later i am pregnant again. a couple weeks ago i started going back on a gluten free diet again so we could try to get pregnant and what do you know positve pregnancy tests. i am really stressed out thinking i might lose my baby, and was wondering if anyone has had any positive pregnancy outcomes after just barely going on the gluten free diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

Oh sweetie! I know how sad it can be to go through a miscarriage and I want to give you a hug! The good news is you were able to ge pregnant again and you are doing the right thing for yourself and your baby!
I don't have statistics or personal experience in the same exact situation, but even if I did each person is different. I did lose my first pregnancy early on and then went on to have two beautiful children in the next two years. Miscarriages are common for many reasons, and losing one baby is no sign of things to come.
Learn all you can about celiac by reading here. This really is the best place and there are lots of great success stories of healthy babies! I'm thinking of the best outcome for your family!
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: