4 replies to this topic

#1 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

My hubby bought some bothwell cheeses in a fundraiser and they look delicious... they also look gluten-free, but I seem to remember reacting to one of them a couple years ago and I'm afraid to try! I searched online but there is no information that I can find regarding the gluten-free status of their cheeses. Does anyone know if bothwell cheeses are gluten-free? Does anyone eat these? This cheese is from New Bothwell, Manitoba :) ...so I wonder if they're not widely available? Ugh. I wish companies had better allergy and gluten information on their websites!

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

My hubby bought some bothwell cheeses in a fundraiser and they look delicious... they also look gluten-free, but I seem to remember reacting to one of them a couple years ago and I'm afraid to try! I searched online but there is no information that I can find regarding the gluten-free status of their cheeses. Does anyone know if bothwell cheeses are gluten-free? Does anyone eat these? This cheese is from New Bothwell, Manitoba :) ...so I wonder if they're not widely available? Ugh. I wish companies had better allergy and gluten information on their websites!

Not familiar with Bothwell cheeses, sorry. :huh: I would assume that they should be labeled for ingredients.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thanks Lisa. Yes, the ingredients listed as gluten-free, I just had a paranoid moment where I swore I had reacted to the jalapeneo flavour before, but I'm not even sure now if it was the same brand. Anyway, I tried a bit of the cheddar and the garlic flavours and they were delicious. No reaction :)

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

Other than some weird "beer" cheese, every cheese I'm familiar with is gluten-free. But I've never heard of Bothwell.

richard

#5 JillianLindsay

JillianLindsay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

It's really quite delicious lol http://www.bothwellcheese.com/

Might only be available in Canada, it's made in Manitoba

0 user(s) are reading this topic