1 reply to this topic

#1 Arginin

Arginin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

My son (4 yrs) has had abdominal pain, stomach issues and behavioral problems for a long time. Celiac disease has been suspected, but so far tests have generally been negative (no tTG antibodies, negative biopsy, but DQ2 positive). He has been on a gluten free diet for a month. Friday he went to ultrasound check of inner organs, and everything looked fine, except the small intestine. The ultrasound doctor said parts of it was totally smooth and dilated and sorrounded by lymph nodes. The affected area was below the part of the intestine that is reached by gastroscopy.
We now have to wait for his GI to get back to us with the results from the ultrasound, but also from X-ray, immunohistochemistry of the biopsy and stool sample. I tried to reach him today, without any luck, and I am going out of my mind trying to figure out what this mean. Could this still be celiac disease (even though all the other tests were negative)? And could one expect him to be anitbody negative if the damage is so severe that it is visible on ultrasound? I mean it is rather severe if one sees it on ultrasound, isn't it? Could this be Crohn's disease instead? What else? If anyone has any similar experience or some insight that might help, I would really appreciate it!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 stanleymonkey

stanleymonkey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

our daughter has positive genes, negative on every blod test , had them taken 3 times in 8 months, but doing amazing gluten free, she still gets stomach aches and weird bm's and keeps telling me that her tummy hurts and there are bad things in her tummy, going back to gastro soon if it doesn't stop. we were told she is too young for crohns at 3 , but her dad has it so part of us wonders if it itis crohns as gluten-free helps crohns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: