2 replies to this topic

#1 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

My 13 year old son was diagnosed with Celiac in September. He's been gluten free since then and has gained 6 lbs. since Nov. 7! We are really happy with his progress and it makes the gluten-free diet worth all the trouble!
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

That's great news! Seeing progress like that makes the whole thing worth it.

My youngest son has celiac and has grown over 4" and went up to the 50th percentile in weight from 10th since he went gluten free last year. My oldest son who does not have celiac, but we put gluten free in Aug. of this year, has gained 6+ lbs. since then. He is starting to grow too. I decided to put him on it due to GI issues and slow/stalled growth and dropping on his growth chart.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#3 jfmadden

jfmadden

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

My son was diagnosed with celiac disease exactly 5 weeks ago and since we have had him on a gluten free diet, his appetite has increased drastically and he eats all the time. He went from 85.8 pounds to 97.2 pounds in four Weeks. He feels great and is so happy, as are we! He is 14 and is a twin. Puberty was obviously delayed because his brother is five inches taller than he is now and he was actually taller than his brother up until 18 months ago, and his brothers voice had changed and he obviously went through the change. Since the weight gain has taken place we are sure he will start growing very soon. Keeping our fingers crossed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: