3 replies to this topic

#1 Linus

Linus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

I am wondering if Millstone flavored coffee contains guten. My wife and I share a coffee maker with separate components (carafe, filter housing and grinder). We have had that arrangement because she does not like my French roAst coffee. I do not like flavored coffees. Occasionally the parts are mixed up. I really would like to know so there is less to worry about. I have contacted the company but no response has arrived yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mindbodysoul

mindbodysoul

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Both my boyfriend and I are gluten free (I am intolerant and he has extreme signs of Celiac disease) we have used Millstone flavored coffee (Hazelnut) with no problems. We've actually never had any issues with coffee as of yet, thankfully. I would feel safe personally buying from Millstone again because we've not had any issues.
* - Gluten free since the early summer of 2011. (Gluten intolerant. Mother is intolerant, brother is allergic to wheat.)
* - Boyfriend has symptoms of Celiac Disease and is allergic to wheat. Gluten-free since mid-late summer of 2011. (Symptoms have since been resolved)
* - Peanut free since December 2011. (Bad reaction to pistachios, slight reaction to almonds)
* - Trying to go diary free (possibly sensitive, runs in family) and limit sugar intake.

#3 Linus

Linus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Thank you. Your information is helpful and to the point. Much better than the information from Milstone. They can say so much with so little information. It is laughable. Again, many thanks.

Just in case, here is the Millstone response:
Thank you for contacting The J.M. Smucker Company regarding our MillstoneŽ coffee products. For over 110 years, consumer safety and product quality have been of paramount importance to our company.

Coffee is not a source of gluten and our MillstoneŽ roast and ground coffee items are produced in a dedicated facility where no other types of agricultural crops are handled or processed. However, due to the use of common equipment within the agricultural community to harvest, store and transport crops, our roast and ground products may contain trace amounts of grain-based ingredients.

Additionally, our flavored coffee products may contain added ingredients that are not gluten free.

Thank you again for your interest. We hope that you will continue to enjoy our products for years to come. If you should have further questions or need additional information, please visit us at www.millstone.com or contact us at 800-522-7894, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

#4 silk

silk

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

For the record, my husband and I have separate coffee makers because flavored coffee, including Millstone, makes me sick to my stomach. Not necessarily the gluten symptoms, but I can't drink it. We also have coffee that they use at work that is not flavored but causes problems for me as well. To me it seems to be related to the acidity of it...could be wrong, but that's what it feels like. I suppose that if your guts are sensitive to other things, it could be sensitive to something they use in the coffee process as well....????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: