Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Flavored Coffee

4 posts in this topic

I am wondering if Millstone flavored coffee contains guten. My wife and I share a coffee maker with separate components (carafe, filter housing and grinder). We have had that arrangement because she does not like my French roAst coffee. I do not like flavored coffees. Occasionally the parts are mixed up. I really would like to know so there is less to worry about. I have contacted the company but no response has arrived yet.

Ads by Google:

Both my boyfriend and I are gluten free (I am intolerant and he has extreme signs of Celiac disease) we have used Millstone flavored coffee (Hazelnut) with no problems. We've actually never had any issues with coffee as of yet, thankfully. I would feel safe personally buying from Millstone again because we've not had any issues.

Thank you. Your information is helpful and to the point. Much better than the information from Milstone. They can say so much with so little information. It is laughable. Again, many thanks.

Just in case, here is the Millstone response:

Thank you for contacting The J.M. Smucker Company regarding our Millstone

For the record, my husband and I have separate coffee makers because flavored coffee, including Millstone, makes me sick to my stomach. Not necessarily the gluten symptoms, but I can't drink it. We also have coffee that they use at work that is not flavored but causes problems for me as well. To me it seems to be related to the acidity of it...could be wrong, but that's what it feels like. I suppose that if your guts are sensitive to other things, it could be sensitive to something they use in the coffee process as well....????