Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Am So Lucky

5 posts in this topic

We always hear about the down side of Celiac and our relationships. I wanted to share a good story.

My husband and I are close friends with several couples, and each year we exchange gifts... usually home cooked goodies. These dear sweet people put a non-food happy in for me, like a scented candle, a paperback book, cute doo-dads.

When so many people don't care or understand about our problem, I am very lucky to have friends who care about me and take care of me.

Ads by Google:

What a thoughtful gift from thoughtful friends! :)

Thanks for sharing--it is good to hear positive stories on here!!

I was also given a great gift yesterday. This friend makes food items for everyone, but she said flat out "I would not want to make you sick and I would be afraid to give you any food I make, even if I am careful--what if it was CCed ??"(yes, she knows all about CC).. :wub:

So, she gave me an insulated travel tea mug --it has a basket right in it for steeping loose tea--and some tea. I had never seen one like that before!

This warmed my heart.

Thank goodness for good friends.

Happy Holidays to you!

Cheers, IH

A coworker of mine made everyone food-related gifts, but she gave me movie tickets instead. It does makes you feel good to know someone is thinking of you and your health. :D

Same here--one co-worker always makes cookies for everyone in the office, but she always gives me a small box of my favorite See's candies instead. Another co-worker changed to making fudge a few years back so that I could receive something yummy to eat, too...and she's one of my few friends who is careful enough not to cc me.

OMG you guys!

I am crying with joy.

I just received a Christmas box in the mail! It's King Arthur gluten-free mixes (pancake, brownie and cookie) from my cousin and his wife and a note saying "Hope this finds you well and enjoying life again. Please accept this little thank you gift for doing such a remarkable and thorough job with your own diagnosis and for sharing it with the family. Love you."

:o:)

Very sweet.