3 replies to this topic

#1 AMom2010

AMom2010

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

So my aunt is serving a ham with glaze from Harry and David. None of the ingredients listed indicate the presence of gluten. I called the customer service line and was told that since it's not actually labeled gluten free, that it was not gluten free. What am I supposed to think? Has anyone eaten this ham and been fine?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

So my aunt is serving a ham with glaze from Harry and David. None of the ingredients listed indicate the presence of gluten. I called the customer service line and was told that since it's not actually labeled gluten free, that it was not gluten free. What am I supposed to think? Has anyone eaten this ham and been fine?

If there are no gluten ingredients, it should be gluten free. Many companies will not label products gluten free, unless they test.

Taken from their website:

I have allergies to certain ingredients (gluten, peanuts, etc.) that may be found in your products. Where can I obtain ingredient information for your items?

Harry & David Operations, Inc. is in compliance with the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (Title II of Public Law 108-282) as of January 1, 2006. Harry & David is 100% compliant with the new Act as currently defined.

We have contacted our ingredient suppliers to insure that all ingredients are declared on the label. Therefore, to the best of our knowledge, our labels list all ingredients. For those with peanut allergies, we also include a disclaimer stating “May contain trace amounts of other nuts or allergens not listed in the ingredients”. Also, since Gluten and other allergens are found in wheat and some other grain products, we encourage you to read the ingredient information carefully and determine if the product is appropriate for your consumption. If you cannot locate an ingredient label on the product you received, contact us with the product name or item number and we will gladly research the information for you.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 AMom2010

AMom2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

That is kind of what I was figuring, thank you so much for that information Lisa! I have been looking on their website and couldn't find an answer.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

That is kind of what I was figuring, thank you so much for that information Lisa! I have been looking on their website and couldn't find an answer.

You're welcome and enjoy your holiday! :D
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: