Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Redbridge Beer

5 posts in this topic

There might already be a topic on this beer, but I just thought I would let everyone know that it makes a FANTASTIC beer batter for fish (or chicken...only tried fish so far). I bet that your non-gluten free family and friends can't tell the difference. We used grouper and the flour was Bob's Red Mill gluten-free All-Purpose. It was amazing!!!! :)

Ads by Google:

There might already be a topic on this beer, but I just thought I would let everyone know that it makes a FANTASTIC beer batter for fish (or chicken...only tried fish so far). I bet that your non-gluten free family and friends can't tell the difference. We used grouper and the flour was Bob's Red Mill gluten-free All-Purpose. It was amazing!!!! :)

Thanks for sharing, I never thought to do that. What part flour mixture to beer did you use?

Thanks for sharing, I never thought to do that. What part flour mixture to beer did you use?

1 cup of beer to 1 cup of flour. Here's the recipe we used:

1 cup flour

2 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoons paprika

2 tsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper

1 egg, beaten

1 cup beer (flat)

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try.

My chili recipe calls for beer and Redbridge works great there. It's not bad to sip, eiter, but that may be a case of "If it's all you can have, it's good,"