23 replies to this topic

#16 researchmomma

researchmomma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies!! As of today I'm 9 days late. I have used clear blue on the 25th (1st pee)and got a positive (faint), I used clear blue on tues afternoon and got a neg. used first response on the 28th (1st pee)got positive. Used clear blue on the 29th (1st pee) got a positive, dr's test came back neg (probably 3 or 4th pee of the day). My last 4- 5 periods I was getting spotting a week before my period but I've had nothing at all yet. Normally I would have had some spotting around dec 14. It may be wishful thinking but I definitely feel pregnant.

I forgot to come back and see your answers. So 9 days late should reveal a very positive pregnancy test. In other words, you should have tested positive at the docs office. My guess (and I am sorry to say this but I want to be honest) is that you are experiencing a chemical pregnancy or a blighted ovum. I had several of these while trying for five years to get pregnant with my second child. I also had some late miscarriages as well. Both are very emotionally painful.

However, I could be dead wrong and you could have implanted late (maybe ovulated late). So take a pregnancy test in a few days as suggested above.

If you have spotting before your period actually comes, it sounds like you may be low on progesterone. I don't know how long you have been trying to get pregnant or your age so I am not sure if it is time to see a reproductive endocrinologist but I will tell you this: if you think you have Celiac or NCGI, get tested and get to the bottom of this. Both of those diseases cause miscarriage.

Also, if this is a chem pg or a blighted ovum, there is some good news from this, you know you can get pregnant. That is a a good thing but now you need to take care of this gluten issue as it may save you a lot of heartache in trying to get pregnant in the future.

I am sure there are others with more advice. This is my two cents.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Ollie's Mom

Ollie's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Are the positive lines getting darker (when using first pee) or lighter? Are they showing up any quicker? Researchmomma is right - it may be a chemical pregnancy. That happened to me the cycle before I fell preggers with my DS. I got a faint positive a few days in a row then a negative. A few days later af arrived.

My current pregnancy I didn't get a definite positive until 4 days after my period was due on a fairly sensitive test. I'm sure if I had gone to the doctor's that day they would have said it was a Bfn. But now (a week later) I'm sure it would be positive.

I would suggest going to dollar tree (or dollarama if you're in Canada) and pick up a few tests and test again for a few days in a row. See if you are still getting positives within the 10 minute time limit. If so, go back to the doctor and get a blood test.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Baby dust to you!

#18 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Yes, that's a good decision I think.

And btw, if the test line is there then its positive. It doesn't need to be as dark as the control line. Congrats! I think there will be a lot of babies born next year around August and September ... I just found out we're expecting our second a few weeks ago and I know a couple of other ladies on this board are preggers too. :-)

When are you due? My EDD is August 19, my nephew's first birthday (who, BTW, was due on my parents' anneversary). If this kid waits a week, he'll be my parents' 40th present!
Jen

#19 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

It's sounding like good news to me! I know how nerve wracking waiting to be sure can be. I've got my fingers crossed for you :)
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#20 Blondie34

Blondie34

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

I started to get a bit of spotting on dec 31st. had some bad cramping at 2am jan 2nd. went to the hospital later that morning and got some blood drawn. i am to go back tomorrow to have another blood test. i seem to bleed when going to the bathroom but otherwise i haven't been bleeding. i had slight cramping yesterday evening but not terrible. my pregnancy symptoms seem to be gone - my breasts are no longer sore, i don't seem as nauseous, but i still feel a little out of it. the blood is bright red. i think i am no longer pregnant. i won't know for sure until the end of the week. i'm extremely sad about this but realize that there is nothing i can do about it. just very sad.

#21 researchmomma

researchmomma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

I started to get a bit of spotting on dec 31st. had some bad cramping at 2am jan 2nd. went to the hospital later that morning and got some blood drawn. i am to go back tomorrow to have another blood test. i seem to bleed when going to the bathroom but otherwise i haven't been bleeding. i had slight cramping yesterday evening but not terrible. my pregnancy symptoms seem to be gone - my breasts are no longer sore, i don't seem as nauseous, but i still feel a little out of it. the blood is bright red. i think i am no longer pregnant. i won't know for sure until the end of the week. i'm extremely sad about this but realize that there is nothing i can do about it. just very sad.

I am so sorry. It is horribly painful. Please take care of you.

#22 Ollie's Mom

Ollie's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

When are you due? My EDD is August 19, my nephew's first birthday (who, BTW, was due on my parents' anneversary). If this kid waits a week, he'll be my parents' 40th present!
Jen

I'm due Aug 29th.

To the OP - I'm so sorry to hear that. Please take care. And I have my fingers crossed for you for your next cycle.

#23 Blondie34

Blondie34

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

I forgot to come back and see your answers. So 9 days late should reveal a very positive pregnancy test. In other words, you should have tested positive at the docs office. My guess (and I am sorry to say this but I want to be honest) is that you are experiencing a chemical pregnancy or a blighted ovum. I had several of these while trying for five years to get pregnant with my second child. I also had some late miscarriages as well. Both are very emotionally painful.

However, I could be dead wrong and you could have implanted late (maybe ovulated late). So take a pregnancy test in a few days as suggested above.

If you have spotting before your period actually comes, it sounds like you may be low on progesterone. I don't know how long you have been trying to get pregnant or your age so I am not sure if it is time to see a reproductive endocrinologist but I will tell you this: if you think you have Celiac or NCGI, get tested and get to the bottom of this. Both of those diseases cause miscarriage.

Also, if this is a chem pg or a blighted ovum, there is some good news from this, you know you can get pregnant. That is a a good thing but now you need to take care of this gluten issue as it may save you a lot of heartache in trying to get pregnant in the future.

I am sure there are others with more advice. This is my two cents.

I have a couple questions about "chemical pregnancy" that i'm hoping you can help me with. I was 9 days late for my period (which i've never been more than a couple days late) and was getting positive results with a hpt. i also had definte pregnancy symptoms such as sore breast, nauseousness, light headed, cramping in lower abdomen and feeling spacey. when i started to have red bleeding i noticed that my pregnancy symptoms were going away. i have been bleeding off and on for 5 days (mostly when i go to the bathroom) i have seen a few very small clots but haven't passed anything like a "sac". will i pass that or just have bleeding? i currantly have a feeling of pressure in my lower area. also would i concider this as my period and use this as my guideline as when my next period will be coming? how soon can i start trying to concieve again? any info you can help me with would be much appreciated!!

#24 researchmomma

researchmomma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

I have a couple questions about "chemical pregnancy" that i'm hoping you can help me with. I was 9 days late for my period (which i've never been more than a couple days late) and was getting positive results with a hpt. i also had definte pregnancy symptoms such as sore breast, nauseousness, light headed, cramping in lower abdomen and feeling spacey. when i started to have red bleeding i noticed that my pregnancy symptoms were going away. i have been bleeding off and on for 5 days (mostly when i go to the bathroom) i have seen a few very small clots but haven't passed anything like a "sac". will i pass that or just have bleeding? i currantly have a feeling of pressure in my lower area. also would i concider this as my period and use this as my guideline as when my next period will be coming? how soon can i start trying to concieve again? any info you can help me with would be much appreciated!!

Hi, this brings back some horrible memories and I want you to know that you are not alone. I hope I can help. You had a early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum). The positive pregnancy tests means you were pregnant. That is why you felt those symptoms. Because you were newly pregnant, you won't see a sac most likely. The only time I saw one was when I was about 10 weeks pregnant. This is my personal experience only.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have had 5 documented miscarriages (probably more) and I wish ONE doctor had told me about the possibility of gluten intolerance effecting my pregnancies.

So it is really great that you conceived. This is really good news. :) What you need to concentrate on right now is YOU. Did you get that biopsy? Do you want or need a diagnosis? You may, it is up to you. I personally, would try for the diagnosis first as it may effect how you eat during pregnancy, nursing or how you monitor your children in the future for gluten intolerance. If not, go gluten-free and that may be all you need to help you. I am not an expert on Celiac or Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance and how it effects pregnancies but the literature shows that Celiac (and therefore most likely NCGI too) causes miscarriages. I didn't know this so I underwent infertility treatments..

Take care of YOU first. Send me a private message if you need more information or if you want to chat on the phone. I spent five years in infertility hell so I may be able to answer some questions.

Kristi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: