4 replies to this topic

#1 lub2bmom

lub2bmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone tried Wildtree's products before? They have a list of their items that are technically gluten free -- but not gaurenteed and then they have their actual gluten free line. The spices i've tried so far are the home fry seasoning and garlic grapeseed oil. I have not had a reaction to either. I received a gift certificate though for Christmas and am curious about the Alfredo mix? It is on their list of "gluten free" ingredients or as they put it do "not contain gluten"... anyone have a reaction or know more??
~6 years of being mis-diagnosed with Chronic Hives and digestive problems
~August 2011 self diagnosed as DH Celiac
~August 2011 Gluten Free
~Hive Free since September 2011

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GRUMP 1

GRUMP 1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Has anyone tried Wildtree's products before? They have a list of their items that are technically gluten free -- but not gaurenteed and then they have their actual gluten free line. The spices i've tried so far are the home fry seasoning and garlic grapeseed oil. I have not had a reaction to either. I received a gift certificate though for Christmas and am curious about the Alfredo mix? It is on their list of "gluten free" ingredients or as they put it do "not contain gluten"... anyone have a reaction or know more??

We have tried one of their popcorn seasoning. We were not impressed with it at all. We went to one of their parties and were served chicken with some seasoning on it. I think it was ok but dont remember what flavor it was. Then my nephew bough me the gluten-free bread mix. It came out of the oven full and looking great only to fall after it cooled. But it had a good taste to it. But with the cost being as high as it is I will not buy it my self. Good luck with what ever you get.

Grump
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

#3 lub2bmom

lub2bmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

We have tried one of their popcorn seasoning. We were not impressed with it at all. We went to one of their parties and were served chicken with some seasoning on it. I think it was ok but dont remember what flavor it was. Then my nephew bough me the gluten-free bread mix. It came out of the oven full and looking great only to fall after it cooled. But it had a good taste to it. But with the cost being as high as it is I will not buy it my self. Good luck with what ever you get.

Grump

I tried the bread for free because my friend is a consultant and i agree -- YUCK and yes it fell after it came out -- not worth the money. I didn't try the popcorn seasoning because i gave it as part of a christmas gift. My kids love the home fry seasoning on baked fries in the oven. I LOVE the garlic grapeseed oil. I think it's hit or miss if something will be good from them. I was excited about the scampi blend stuff and it's pretty much tasteless in my opinion. I asked my question because my friend gave mea $50 GC for christmas to get the large garlic grapeseed oil but right now if you spend 50 you get that half off so i was trying to decide what to get ... and most importantly something i could eat. I ended up getting stuff i already know is okay so far... the rancher rub seasoning i love in soups.... and i'm trying out the taco seasoning... and more home style fry seasoning mainly cause my kids love it (and anytime i can get them to eat something that isn't a corn dog or mac n cheese i get excited!! they are 2 and 4)
~6 years of being mis-diagnosed with Chronic Hives and digestive problems
~August 2011 self diagnosed as DH Celiac
~August 2011 Gluten Free
~Hive Free since September 2011

#4 hopekee

hopekee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

We have had the Alfredo mix several times and none of us had any reactions.  We have actually had two of their breads and it is our favorite gluten-free bread to eat.  The regular bread does rise more, but with all gluten-free breads and baked goods we have found none of them rise as "normal."  Highly recommend the Rancher Steak Rub and Garlic Grapeseed Oil.  

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Welcome Hope!

You have responded to a member that has not been active in several years...but it is great to update product threads :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: