16 replies to this topic

#16 missy'smom

missy'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

To take out some of the drama: Tongue swelling is also a very common reaction to MSG.

Not too much drama I think. No need to panic, certainly, be calm and be wise and follow up with an allergist and testing. What was described are classic allergy reaction and the poster reported multiple symptoms and reaction multiple times. Anaphylaxis can start in ways we don't generally hear about and would not expect. Allergies can progress. I have an epi-pen. Never had to use it so far. Scares me but I am glad to have it since my allergies have progressed in ways I didn't expect. Things can turn and suprize us but our bodies often give us some warning signs. I don't mind "wasting" the $35 copay the last 2 years.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 MichelleD

MichelleD

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

I did have a food allergy panel run and am waiting for the results. The soy oil is a good possibility since It happened with salad as well, I will check my salad dressings. I eat tons of sunflower seeds watching my kids play sports, will have to keep an eye on that as well. Thanks for the help =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: