To take out some of the drama: Tongue swelling is also a very common reaction to MSG.
Not too much drama I think. No need to panic, certainly, be calm and be wise and follow up with an allergist and testing. What was described are classic allergy reaction and the poster reported multiple symptoms and reaction multiple times. Anaphylaxis can start in ways we don't generally hear about and would not expect. Allergies can progress. I have an epi-pen. Never had to use it so far. Scares me but I am glad to have it since my allergies have progressed in ways I didn't expect. Things can turn and suprize us but our bodies often give us some warning signs. I don't mind "wasting" the $35 copay the last 2 years.