Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Can You Grind Rice, Or Beans In Coffee Grinder?

10 posts in this topic

I would like to ask you something. Can you grind rice, or beans in coffee grinder?

I bought Cuisinart supreme grind automatic burr mill just because I would like to grind my own flours. Did anybody tried to do that? I don

Ads by Google:

I would do it.

I use my coffee grinder for flax seeds all the time.

I don't think it would break it. But I've never done beans or rice so who knows? Many people use their coffee grinder for grinding spices so I don't think the beans and rice would be any different.

Most standard coffee bean grinders do not have the capacity ( blade placement or power) to grind rice and beans into a super fine grind like flour. It will work fine on coffee beans and spices. However, I doubt it will break, I say try it once with rice and it it doesn't work to your satisfaction return it. Typically, you need to spend a lot on a milling machine to get flour used for baking etc...

good luck

Most standard coffee bean grinders do not have the capacity ( blade placement or power) to grind rice and beans into a super fine grind like flour. It will work fine on coffee beans and spices. However, I doubt it will break, I say try it once with rice and it it doesn't work to your satisfaction return it. Typically, you need to spend a lot on a milling machine to get flour used for baking etc...

good luck

I thought so too, but I wanted to try it anyway. I think I will return it because nobody in my house is drinking coffee. Thanks

They are great for grinding buckwheat if you use any of that.

My coffee grinder is only used for spices as we do not drink coffee. It works incredibly well - it is one of my must-haves in the kitchen as I buy whole spices and grind them myself.

As an aside if anyone owns a Vita Mix, they do a great job of grinding rice, lentils, nuts into flours and nut butters.

My coffee grinder is only used for spices as we do not drink coffee. It works incredibly well - it is one of my must-haves in the kitchen as I buy whole spices and grind them myself.

As an aside if anyone owns a Vita Mix, they do a great job of grinding rice, lentils, nuts into flours and nut butters.

Hm.... I also bought this http://www.qvc.com/q...ams?&cookie=set, which looks the same as Vita Mix http://www.metrokitc...&utm_medium=cpc

I will try to grind some rice right now.

I use a coffee grinder to make nut meals (it doesn't get it fine enough to call it flour). I also use a small food processor, or my big food processor, depending how much I'm doing.

I want to get a flour mill attachment for my KitchenAid mixer though.

The report: I grinded some rice in Health master emulsifier, but the flour isn

Hm.... I also bought this http://www.qvc.com/q...ams?&cookie=set, which looks the same as Vita Mix http://www.metrokitc...&utm_medium=cpc

I will try to grind some rice right now.

That does look similar as they both have 2 hp. The VitaMix blends up to 240 mph and is major heavy duty! But I do normally buy my rice flour as it is so incredibly cheap at the Asian store I go to every month. The rice flours at Asian stores are also finer than those in grocery stores - I really prefer it in recipes. My VitaMix is better with nuts, juices, smoothies, soups and such than rice.

The VitaMixes are so darned (unnecessarily) expensive! Mine was $549 but thankfully I got it for free. If anyone has used both these machines I would love to hear reviews.