4 replies to this topic

#1 HollyH

HollyH

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I ate at a restaurant Friday evening, ordered from their "gluten free" menu. I had a very strange bm yesterday and was wondering if the two could be related. Not sure how long the travel time is from eating to eliminating. Here's what it looked like: (warning, gross part) It was a very pale yellow or light gray color,was hard to tell really, and it was foamy and had holes in it. There was also a little oil on the top of the water.

Everywhere I searched on the internet says liver disease, gallbladder disease, and then they mention celiac or ibd. I don't remember having this in the past, perhaps something similar but nothing to this degree. Has this happened to anyone else after being glutened? My liver was checked in October so I wouldn't think it is that..but gosh who knows. I don't trust my body anymore. The other part, I am pregnant and have been having horrible reflux the past few weeks. Again, related to the bm? No clue. Hope someone knows!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Check your gallbladder. For sure tell your Dr. since you are pregnant. But yes, this is totally consistent with a Celiac gluten reaction.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Reflux is very common with any pregnancy. Your body parts are moving around to make room for the baby. And the longer you are along the stronger your symptoms my be, with the baby growing.

Eat well, eat simply and keep a good diary. Your poo symptoms indicate some gluten or non absorption, which could be an issue for your baby. I would contact you GYN and describe your symptoms, as soon as you can. :)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 HollyH

HollyH

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thanks! I think you guys are right. Seems most likely the Celiac, or because of the reflux and perhaps gallbladder but I am not in much pain so we will see. Thinking it's not liver because i'm not itchy, jaundiced or dark urine. Thanks for your opinions. :)

#5 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

One of the main symptoms I get when glutened is reflux (for 6 months before my diagnosis the doctors were trying to tell me it was ALL reflux...not until I lost 20+ lbs in a handful of weeks without trying did they want to think it anything else!)

So between pregnancy and a glutening it could explain the reflux.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: