25 replies to this topic

#16 Mjohnson73

Mjohnson73

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

that might have been it... they were in a cooler (we brought them to a picnic) but they had thawed in the cooler and I didn't heat them or toast them.... I will try one tomorrow morning with some jelly or my favorite, Nutella....

Thanks!
--maya

gluten-free since 8/1/05
Negative Bloodwork Results: 8/11/05
BIG Improvement on gluten-free Diet: since 8/1/05

6 year old son tested:8/29/05 Low TtG, High IgG (124) , High IgA (48)... now on a gluten-free diet per his dr. and starting to eat like a pig! (WOOHOO!!!!! he never used to eat before!)
Testing 3 year old daughter: (waiting to see if Dr. wants to test her..depends on her height/weight in January)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

Hi Maya,

I keep mine in the fridge because usually a package doesn't last long enough to go bad.

I take it out, put it in the microwave for 16 seconds, take it out, let it cool for about 2 minutes, then slice it to put it in the toaster. Voila! Perfect english muffin!

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#18 Mjohnson73

Mjohnson73

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:48 AM

YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! Thank you for the advice about microwaving it and then toasting it...

Karen, I did it exactly what you told me to.... 16 seconds in the microwave and then toasted it to a nice golden brown and then let it cool for a couple of minutes ... it was perfect!!!

Oh My Goodness it was yummy!!!!!!!! I even ate a bite before i added the nutella and it was really good and moist!!!

Thank you so much!!!!
YEAH!!!!! English muffins again!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

thank you again....
(can you tell I am happy and excited!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

--Maya (who is doing a "happy dance" around the living room right now)
:D :D :D :D

gluten-free since 8/1/05
Negative Bloodwork Results: 8/11/05
BIG Improvement on gluten-free Diet: since 8/1/05

6 year old son tested:8/29/05 Low TtG, High IgG (124) , High IgA (48)... now on a gluten-free diet per his dr. and starting to eat like a pig! (WOOHOO!!!!! he never used to eat before!)
Testing 3 year old daughter: (waiting to see if Dr. wants to test her..depends on her height/weight in January)

#19 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

Glad I could help! Enjoy! ;)

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#20 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

I had a very bad experience with "english muffins" a year ago. I'm reclutant to try them again. I may, though, have to give these Kinnikinnick's a try. :ph34r: :ph34r:
I believe in God.

#21 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

Because of all the money I've wasted, I was hesitant to give any new products a try, but I LOVE everything I have bought from Kinnikinnik recently! :D :P B)

Reading others suggestions, I tried the plain bagels, white rice tapioca bread, and pizza crusts...Boy, are they yummy! :)

I also hear you guys talking about the chocolate donuts and english muffins. I was going to order the donuts last time, but they had two kinds and I wasn't sure which chocolate kind is the best...any suggestions?

I made grill cheese sandwiches for the first time since going gluten-free with my new kinnik bread...WOW...they were good!

Please let me know if any of their other products are really good or which donuts or muffins to try first. I'm open for suggestions! B)

-Julie

#22 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:22 PM

The Glazed Chocolate donuts are a chocolate cake donut with a light glaze on them (we couldn't even tell they were glazed!). They were okay, not a favorite here at my house.

The Chocolate Dipped donuts are a yellow cake donut dipped in a chocloate frosting glaze. They are one of our favorites here. We also like the Cinnamon donuts.
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#23 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

Thanks a bunch!

I'm already out of the tapioca bread, pizza crusts, and bagels. I'm definitely ordering the donuts when I place my order this week! :)

#24 earthgoddess0308

earthgoddess0308

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

HI
I was not officially diagnosed with Celiac and my blood tests came back negative for a Wheat allergy, however in the last 4 days I have been eating gluten/wheat free and can't believe how different I feel! I can actually concentrate on things now and although my stomach is still adjusting and will take a while to "heal", I am hoping this is the answer to my issues! I am also doing acupuncture for stomach problems and she recommended I be wheat/gluten free as well.

Anywho, the reason I am writing it to find out if any of you have any suggestions on breads...I have seen the above posts and cant tell if they have wheat from the website...Also on eating out etc....I have been doing a lot of research but the more advice the better. I LOVE LOVE vietnamese food and their soups are made with rice noodles BUT I have been reading that even chicken broth has wheat, yeast etc...and add a language barrier on top of that, I don't know what to do..??
Can anyone help??

THANK U!! :P

#25 azmom

azmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

I believe all of Kinnickinnick stuff is gluten free, which means it must be wheat free.

My husband loves the cheese tapioca rice bread, the chocolate glazed donuts, and the k-toos cookies (like oreos). I also keep the graham cracker crumbs and the chocolate cookie crumbs on hand for making pies and cheesecakes. They are just as good as glutenous ones!
Sue

#26 Felidae

Felidae

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

I believe all of Kinnickinnick stuff is gluten free, which means it must be wheat free.

Yes Kinninnick is gluten-free and wf and many items are also cf. They are very strict; their staff cannot bring gluteney food for their lunches or snacks. No gluten enters the building.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: