1 reply to this topic

#1 catsmeow

catsmeow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Alba has added Hydrolyzed wheat protein to their shampoo/cream rinse. My daughter pointed it out just a few hours ago. I bought this a week ago and have been sick all week, and also have sores that have formed on my head. Now I know why....GGGGRRRR.

I went to the Alba website and their shampoos/cream rinses do not have wheat in the ingredients list. This must be a new formula and the website is not yet updated. But all 5 bottles that I purchaed clearly state "hydrolyzed wheat protien" in the ingredients list.

The ones I have are "Alba Botanica plumeria replenishing hair wash" and "Alba Botanical gardenia hydrating hair conditioner". I've used this shampoo and cream rinse for for over a year, and it was gluten-free. Periodically, I have checked the ingredients to make sure it was still gluten-free, but didn't read it on this last purchase. I am soo unhappy, and they ARE going back to the store! I have 5 ickey big sores on my head from using the shampoo/cream rinse for one week, and I have felt crummy all week as well.....live and learn!!! GGGGGRRRRRRRR :angry:

The rule is to always read the ingredients list, no matter how many times you have purchased a product. <_<
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ladymiss

ladymiss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

wow! sorry you feel crummy! hope you are better soon. thanks for sharing info about this shampoo and the good advice.
Lactose Intolerant 2004, Gluten Intolerant 2010
Negative blood test for Celiac 2011, but incomplete testing....
All recent: Soy, casein and egg sensitive. Peanut and Shellfish allergy.
Still learning about what all this means....

Barn's burnt down-
now
I can see the moon.
Masahide, Japanese poet, 1657? 1723

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: