23 replies to this topic

#16 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:06 AM

Heather, General Mills Lucky Charms and Post Honeycomb Cereal have no gluten in them.

Scratch Lucky Charms from the list. The new box I opened and ate from yesterday, without reading the label (shame on me, I know better!), has wheat starch listed between vitamin D and vitamin E at the bottom. Why do they have to change formulas? If it isn't broken, don't fix it!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 veracuda

veracuda

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:59 PM

Dannon does not guarantee their products to be gluten free except for their plain yogurts. Yoplait, however, is gluten-free (Gogurt, etc.).

#18 Heather

Heather

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

Ok this is getting really rediculous I have a six year now that complains about everything I have put in front of him. How do you feed these kids when most of this tastes well UGH. Someone please help this kid wants "normal" food mostly he wants his sugar cereals back and mac and cheese that does not turn to slime in 2 min. Thanks for all your help

Heather : :huh:

#19 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:37 AM

I use the quinoa pasta from the gluten-free Mall, with real cheddar cheese. It tastes real good, and doesn't change consistency after a couple of minutes. Sugary cereals? I hear Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles are gluten-free, Honeycombs has oats, but most of the others use wheat in one form or another. You have to read the individual label on each box. Good luck!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#20 desarno4

desarno4

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:03 PM

My son is 4. He was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. Since then he has gained 20lbs!!! There is lots of great stuff kids can have. Here are some of Michael's favorites:

Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Truffle Brownie Mix ** it's better than regular ones
Pamela's Products- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enviro Kidz Koala Crisp Cereal, Amazon Flakes
Tostitoes
Fritos
Lays Potato Chips
Hershey's kisses
Tootsie Rolls
Gluten Free Pantry Danielle's Chocolate Cake Mix
Mrs. Leepers corn pasta
Ener-G Tapioca Bread & White Rice Bread * You have to toast it first*
Glutano Pretzels
Oretaga Taco Shells
Jell-O Chocolate Pudding
Lots of Fruits & Vegetables

I know it seems so hard in the beginning, but there really is a lot out there you just have to read labels!! Good Luck!!

Tracey

#21 zippyten

zippyten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:30 AM

Re: pancakes for gluten-free kids (and adults!) -- the best one I've found so far is kinnikinnick's pancake & waffle mix. My kids are not gluten-free (yet) and I made them one morning for all of us and they didn't even notice the difference except to say "great pancakes, mom." Probably doesn't hurt that I sometimes make them with chocolate chips. They are not cheap, though, so I plan to start experimenting with some of Betty Hagman's recipes from scratch.
Ellen

#22 zippyten

zippyten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:32 AM

Heather,
Have you tried the Tinkyada brand of rice pasta? It tastes pretty good with cheese or tomato sauce and cheese and holds its texture pretty well. It might be the best of the rice pasta brands but it's certainly the best one I've tried so far.
Ellen

#23 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:38 AM

Ellen, I also use Kinnikinnick's pancake mix. My nonCeliac husband loves the stuff. But the cost is really up there. I too am going to experiment around and see if I can hit a recipe that will satisfy him and my needs also. In the meantime Whole Foods in San Diego is now carrying some of Kinnikinnick's baked goods, which I can only afford once in a while and it's a little cheaper than mail ordering. Shirley

#24 Susan123

Susan123

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:53 AM

Try this link:

http://www.envirokidz.com/

They make cereal for kids that are Gluten Free. (Not all of their products are gluten free but it will say it in the top left hand corner) Their products are listed on their website.

I personally like Gorilla Munch which is like a corn pops. They are also good for bread crumbs in meatloaf or as a topper to a dish. But they have other ones that are gluten free like peanut butter, rice crispies. I don't think their website states gluten free but you can find them in health stores and gluten free is clearly labeled on the box. I get them from Trader Joes.

Also, they make gluten free snacks. I like their chocolate rice krispie bars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: