#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Happy New Year!

In my American ignorance I had to Google Hogmanay. Sounds like good fun!

#3 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

You too, Navigator! Do you celebrate Robbie Burns Day, too? If so, do you do the whole haggis thing and so on? Man, I want to be in Scotland! It is so magical and atmospheric and, well, amazing. :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 navigator

navigator

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yep, we celebrate Burns Day. Haggis - Mmmm :P . Before my diagnosis I had haggis twice a week - once with fillet steak sitting on top and served with a whisky sauce and once as a Sunday bruch served with Stornoway black pudding, lorne sausage and bacon. Since diagnosis, I've focussed on all the wonderful food I can eat but haggis and stornoway black pudding are such a loss! I've managed to source a gluten free haggis for Burns Day so I'll let you know how that goes. Although there's gluten free black pudding on the markey there is no Stornoweay black pudding available. If you've eaten both, you'll know that there's no comparison.

#5 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I do think I will be able to get through the rest of my life without haggis and black pudding (Stornoweay or otherwise) ;)

:lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 navigator

navigator

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

You don't know what your missing !! Or have you tried them and not liked them? Can't imagine that's true! :rolleyes:

#7 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Oh, I know very well what I am missing :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yep, we celebrate Burns Day. Haggis - Mmmm :P . Before my diagnosis I had haggis twice a week - once with fillet steak sitting on top and served with a whisky sauce and once as a Sunday bruch served with Stornoway black pudding, lorne sausage and bacon. Since diagnosis, I've focussed on all the wonderful food I can eat but haggis and stornoway black pudding are such a loss! I've managed to source a gluten free haggis for Burns Day so I'll let you know how that goes. Although there's gluten free black pudding on the markey there is no Stornoweay black pudding available. If you've eaten both, you'll know that there's no comparison.

Oh, how delectable! It would be worth flying to Scotland for that! Please post your experience - I would love to hear how it went.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: