9 replies to this topic

#1 Machelle

Machelle

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

I have wondered if anyone has exsperianced lower back pain along with bloating, it seems like when I have eaten gluten foods that cause bloating , I also have a severe lower back ache, when I was super strict and ate only gluten free, the back ache went away.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Oh yes indeed! Ugly low back pain. :(

Severe pelvic pain throughout.

(I have major joint/bone/muscle pain from celiac but it is LESS
since being gluten-free.)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I had Lower Back Pain before I went Gluten Free, along with many other pains....
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#4 calgarywalker

calgarywalker

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Count me in too. Had serious low back pain, more so on the right side. Eating bananas and taking magnesium (500 mg) really helped.

#5 cait

cait

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yep. I have a couple of degenerating discs that present ongoing issues. Interestingly, when I went gluten-free, my back pain lessened. Totally was not expecting that, since I knew there was a clear cause for the pain. Nevertheless, I could sleep on my stomach again, which I hadn't been able to do even after spinal injections and PT. Now it seems there's a pretty clear connection between the times when it flares up and gluten exposure. I get headaches and GI stuff first, then the back and the other joints jump in on the second day.
Dad has Celiac
Neg Celiac tests, positive gene test
Life vastly improved off gluten
Dunno what that makes me, but I'm not going back.
Now corn, soy, and dairy free

#6 Machelle

Machelle

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thankyou everyone who answered about the back pain ! I have never asked anyone before if they suffered also, it is encouraging to hear others say it lessens with strick diet ! I am encouraged ! Thankyou !

#7 BethM55

BethM55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wow. Thank you for posting this topic. I, too, get joint and muscle pain (and fibromyalgia flares) from eating gluten, but never connected the low back pain into the mix. I have degenerating discs in my lumbar and cervical spine. Of course getting glutened would make that pain worse. Duh! (gentle head smack!) :lol: I will pay attention now to that connection. Yet one more reason to be even more careful.
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

#8 Machelle

Machelle

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Wow. Thank you for posting this topic. I, too, get joint and muscle pain (and fibromyalgia flares) from eating gluten, but never connected the low back pain into the mix. I have degenerating discs in my lumbar and cervical spine. Of course getting glutened would make that pain worse. Duh! (gentle head smack!) :lol: I will pay attention now to that connection. Yet one more reason to be even more careful.

I also have the fibromyalgia flares, and till you said it, I would never have linked it with the gluten ! Thanks,

#9 rschlack

rschlack

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

I've had pain up and down my back for about 8 years. Lower back pain is the worst. I also have GI problems associated with this. Tried chiropractic, had 5 epidurals, mobic, accupuncture. I've been through it all. I've been off gluten for 3 days now and I'm really feeling a lot better. I hope it lasts. Needs some relief. So tired of being in pain.

#10 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yes and it feels like my internal organs are petrified into rocks.

Good luck and read the labels - even when it says gluten-free!

Best of luck,

Cali
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: