arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Pls Tell Me Your Favorite gluten-free Products!

• Please log in to reply

33 replies to this topic

#31 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oh I should not be reading these posts on an empty stomach! I am so hungry and can't decide if I'm craving crunchy salty chips or brownies more! !

Go ahead---have both! ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 GlutenFreeNewB

GlutenFreeNewB

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I am completely addicted to Sabras hummus. I use baby carrots instead of crackers or chips...yummmmm!

#33 ncdave

ncdave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'm also relatively new to gluten-free, I"ve only found a few things that i can have with no problems. Takes me about 20-24 hours to become sick after eating gluten and 6-7 days to get over the main effect, Flu like symptoms. Be very careful with packaged foods that say gluten free on them, seems some are not. You can try these one a day in small amount an see if they work for you.
Dukes mayonnaise, great on a banana
Kraft oriiginal bbq sauce, does wonders to baked dark meat chicken, seems for me white meat is a little hard to digest.
Kraft original ranch dressing, great for those baked chicken wings
enjoy life packaged foods i have not had any problems with, other than they can be a little hard to find.
I highly recommend before trying any new food doing a search on this forum for "gluten free (name of food you want to try)"
I think with any food moderation is the key....
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#34 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Be very careful with packaged foods that say gluten free on them, seems some are not.

I don't think that this is the problem so much as - what is the definition of gluten free? In the U.S. there is no definition yet, but a proposed definition is under 20 ppm. That isn't enough for all of us. http://www.fda.gov/d...t/UCM264152.pdf
I wish you the best finding safe foods for yourself. You may do better with items made in gluten free facilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: