7 replies to this topic

#1 naserian

naserian

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hello. My name is Anna i'm 20 years old and i am in this forum to share my story and also to learn more about other people with gluten sensitivity/intolerance.
It seems gluten has a very extreme and rare impact in me that even my doctor doesnt agree with it.He doesnt agree that gluten affects my behavior.( But of caurse i dont trust him because the evedence proove me right).I become extremely violet argessive paranoid and ferious.Its like i am another person not able to function with no control on my reactions. My story goes back years ago ...when i was a child almost 7 years old i was violet with others and my self beating up and puntchig my head ,throughing things against the wall, breaking plates or glasses, kicking and slapping my mother without a reason.She took me to psychologists,to psychiatrists who suggest me to take Risperdal but of caurse it didnt help me...nothing seemed to help me and year after year was getting more violet ,getting more fat. I was extremely isolated ,i had was always late at school because i wasnt able to sleep at night and because i didnt get sleep for days i was collapsing from tierness ,i lost many years in the same class because of that. I was sleeping 4 tnight per week and the rest i was awake ...nothing seemed to work ......I was growing my anger issiues were growing as well....Tow years ago i was readind about Autism in an article of a magazine ...it get in my ming so i start searching about Autism ...i start thinking that i may be Autistic...and i suddenely find out about autism and diet...And here it comes.. gluten...i start reading about it about it and how it can affect the brain and the body...i decide with my mother to make an experimend and i went gluten/wheat free....Within 2 weeks i became a total differend person..my mother said to me that she never saw me smilling....and that was true i never laughed or smile ....my skin became lighter and smoother ...i lost 9 kg in 7 mounths just by cutting out gluten,people who had seen me before go gluten free and saw me after couldnt belive my change ....the firts thought was that i just grow upand my behavior improove...i understand their subspeciousness ,only my mother knows because she witnessed the hole differences. For tow years i was clean of gluten and not a single fight with anyone,nothing what do think and say has nothing to do with how i was ..Its amazing how this proplem destroyed me for 18 years. Its tradic to realise that something was taking control over you ,sometimes i feel ashamed. I did so many wrong things i know that it wasnt my fault because i didnt choose to be born this way ...but its the need and the wish that if i could turn back the time and as a child could become more couriost about Autism then i whould be able to know what was wrong....but i know this couldnt be possible.I somehow feel proud for myself because i was the one who discover it . Althought im not a celiac my mother is ger gluten intolerance affect her in the gut i guess my in the brain. I had also made another experiment i went back to gluten this Christmans for a week in the start i notice i start geting a round belly and in the end of the week i had i fight with three people(i still try to remember the reason but i can't)and i had a realy badfight with my mother again....after tow years.....in a week.....thats shocking. I feel the need to share my experience and reminde to people that since we are what we eat ...whe have to pay attention to what we eat as we pay attention to what we are. I am realy dissapontent by the way doctors treated my case ,because my blood test was negative they dissagree that i have any problems with gluten at all and i was wrong...but i know i wasnt ,i trust my instict what i see and feel. I know that my life wasnt easy ,the life of those who were next to me as well but since now i know what made my life difficuld im not willing going back to this that i call "dark era "of my life
P.S I m sorry for my English but its not my mother language.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you figured this out about yourself so young. You mention wanting to turn back time, but I didn't figure out my gluten problems until I was in my 30s. Gluten was affecting my mind too - I was misdiagnosed with bipolar illness. I used to be very irritable too, and the problems affected all of my relationships and I almost had to quit school. It took longer than two weeks for me, but my personality changed like you're describing.

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Congratulations on solving your puzzle :) Doctors should never discount their patients' knowledge of their own bodies and behaviour - we know a lot more than they think they know :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Hedgie

Hedgie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

My son has aspergers and when he used to eat gluten he would bite himself and others and was very aggressive sometimes. Like you said, it was like something else was controlling him. Glad you did your homework and decided to try it! Look forward to a lot more better years!

#5 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

You are absolutely right about gluten causing anger. I had irrational anger and lashed out for no reason too. I am thrilled for you that you figured this out. Normally I am calm and content but for the gluten years I was a raging B****. Just ask my ex-husband. Wow. Gluten can definitely effect your mood. You are so brilliant to have figured it out. I'm very proud of you. Now if we can just get Dr.'s, teachers and parents to recognize the mood disorders caused by gluten...there are so many people who don't know the simple cure is to avoid wheat. But congraatulations to you on finding out. I'm 48 and lived a gluten life until 47. I'm a whole different person now. Thank god. Anyway, just wanted you to know you are right. To thine own self be true. You have a much better future to look forward to.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#6 naserian

naserian

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thank all of you for your kind words and support. Its very imprtand for me and i think for everyone to know that there are othere people who are going through or have been through the same. Its also importand to speak to people about it to tallk about it to friends to familly about what kind of physical and mental problems it can cause. I am willing to speak for anyone who wants to listen . Imagine how many people have been diagnosed with mental conditios that is nothing more than gluten intolerance/sensitivity...its so simple untill you figure out but yet so complicated because it destroy you and your life so secretly and quiet that its not easy to realise. Im very inerested into write a book about my gluten experience i feel that its like a duty to me to talk about it. No person should have to deal with something like that ,knowlege is power.

#7 revenant

revenant

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

Thank you for sharing your story, it's very inspirational, and so special that you figured it out and stuck to it despite what the doctors said. Gluten caused be to be aggressive, paranoid and angry also. It never ceases to amaze me, what it does to the mind, not so much the body. I wonder what would happen if all of the jails went gluten free? I bet there would be a change in some patients.

#8 CanineGluten

CanineGluten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

iVe had similar issues with gluten. Just fully and responsibly coming to terms with it now. !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: