Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Please Help...

4 posts in this topic

I am movind from London to Zimbabwe-Harare i know my diet will be a problem but i have to work there so i cant cancel it. Im a little bit scared about it becuse i dont know how rare or common is have gluten intoleranse/sensitivity .Where can i found Gluten free food??? Is there any super market ? A restaurant? Please i need help on this .

Ads by Google:

I live overseas as well. You need to find someone who lives in Zimbabwe who could tell you what is available. Rice flour? Tapioca starch? Xanthan gum? If you can't get many ready-made foods, you may need to consider hiring someone to help you prepare food or wash dishes--I am wondering if hiring a cook or maid is inexpensive there. Do you have someone in London who could send you packages? I have people who send me gluten free oatmeal, pasta etc.

I would recommend that you buy or bring a grill with you, if you are okay with eating meat. We do that a lot. We just grill chicken or fish and add a salad--and it doesn't heat up a kitchen either.

whole foods. fruit veggies meats. if you have to buy stuff at a convenience store try to stick with whats safe.

whole foods. fruit veggies meats. if you have to buy stuff at a convenience store try to stick with whats safe.

How is this supposed to be relevant to the OP? He's looking for advice from somebody in Zimbabwe--you aren't. Remember that rule #5 states: "You should remain on topic"