#1 KotaKate88

KotaKate88

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hello again everyone!

So I've been Gluten Free for one week (Due to blood tests being positive and doctors orders). Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, proteins and rice/potatoes. I even tried gluten-free Spaghetti. (Tinkyada)

Yesterday was the first day someone else prepared a meal for me. I eat lunch at my in-laws EVERY single Sunday of the year.

My F-in-law made Potatoes, Chicken and Canned tomatoes (Rotel) in the oven. He did not use a lot of spices, only salt and pepper.

-I ate a small portion, as this was the first time eating someone else's food in a week. This was around 1pm.

Later in the day about 4pm I was feeling OK but sort of sleepy so I stopped at 7-11 for a "gas station cappuccino" I should have located the ingredients, but after reading online I thought it *should* be OK. I was fine after drinking a small cup.

For dinner (6pm) I was feeling pretty happy that I hadn't had a reaction thus far and stopped at Chipolte Mexican Grill with my husband and had a "Bowl" But I neglected to ask them to change their gloves when making my bowl, but there was no direct contact with the inside of my bowl with any tortillas/gloved hands.

A couple of hours later I started to develop a horrible migraine. I put myself to sleep thinking it would go away by morning. I woke a couple hours later with a severe migraine and feeling nauseous. I felt like the only thing I could do to make myself feel better was vomit, but I did not. I took a LONG hot shower that helped some, took 2 Tylenol and tried to sleep again. I felt so awful I woke my husband up with my crying.

Was this just a random migraine or was this because of my over-confidence in my eating yesterday? I am DEFINITELY going to be more careful from now on. I did have a migraine reaction to Barley about 6 weeks ago, so I think this is related.

To be honest yesterday I think I was starting to have Gluten withdrawals.. I was craving things I shouldn't have and trying to make excuses in my head so that I could eat them!! It could have been a disaster. I was starting to doubt that I am a Celiac... I have no doubts now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

You are just one week in. If you have celiac disease, your body has been damaged and will take time to heal. During the healing process, you may have an adverse reaction to something. That does not mean you got gluten, although that remains a possibility.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: