This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Allergy Diet

collgwg

collgwg Contributor

ok so i saw the allergy doc today and he put me on this way of eating i dont think i can call it a diet but anyway here is what he says

keep taking nystead

keep a running list of all foods i react to

stay away from thoes foods

keep in mind of cross cont foods with birch ragweed grass and stay away

and ofcourse the usual stay nightshade free lactose free asid free soy free gluten free and if eggs upset your system stay egg free yeast free

let my stystem rest for a while keep it clean and stop pushing your self

i asked about chic pea flour and he asked why i need to try to put flours in your system i said cuase i would love a muffin scone buscit cookie bread roll anything like that and he laughed and well did not say anything after that

and visit was over left with a rx for nystead and to keep doing what im doing

what i am doing is going crazy trying to figure out what in the heck i am supposed to be eating

he gave me a guide it may be changed and altered

breakfast include protien in am to help

cooked Quinoa with cinamon agave and apples- ok system can not handle quinoa i have tryed it have reaction to apples of all kinds swelling behind ears acid feeling in guts burning

oatmeal same thing

yeast free toast - have not found any bread that my system likes

eggs- super sick to stomach

spelt - no to this gluten soy and yeast

lunches

green salad with dry spices and olive oil tryed it hurts besides its yucky

home made bone broth soups with green vegies

like everything he suggests on here i react to on this paper

i have a candidia fungal control diet but i react to so much on that list

im getting so overwhelmed and at such a loss to what i can and can not eat

what do i buy to eat

grocrie day is comeing up im out of everything i need to figure out a menu plan

and not only what can i buy to eat but also what can i drink i love to have something hot to drink cant figure that one out yet either guts are too sensitive

good greif :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
collgwg Contributor

ok here is what it says on the other page

foods to be avoided

dairy sugar soy legumes coloring additivies potatoes rice wheat rye or corn all condiments processed foods mushrooms vegtables other than green

no nouts bananas grapes carrots tomatoes turnips and any other root veg peas no alcohol no proscessed foods of any kind

sugars that are allowed splenda stevia agave nectar

ok with that all said

oh good greif what how and omg oh wow

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

On all of this wisdom does it give you recipes, etc?

Wow.

burdee Enthusiast

ok here is what it says on the other page

foods to be avoided

dairy sugar soy legumes coloring additivies potatoes rice wheat rye or corn all condiments processed foods mushrooms vegtables other than green

no nouts bananas grapes carrots tomatoes turnips and any other root veg peas no alcohol no proscessed foods of any kind

sugars that are allowed splenda stevia agave nectar

ok with that all said

oh good greif what how and omg oh wow

Is your doc using those food restrictions to treat (or eliminate) your Candida infection? How were you diagnosed with Candida? Did he actually run a blood test (for IgG and/or IgA mediated) food allergies? Or did he base his recommendations on theory?

I eliminated Candida simply by taking Nystatin for 4 months. No recurrence since. It never recurred on any of 5 subsequent stool tests.

collgwg Contributor

Is your doc using those food restrictions to treat (or eliminate) your Candida infection? How were you diagnosed with Candida? Did he actually run a blood test (for IgG and/or IgA mediated) food allergies? Or did he base his recommendations on theory?

I eliminated Candida simply by taking Nystatin for 4 months. No recurrence since. It never recurred on any of 5 subsequent stool tests.

nope i had no blood testing this i just had routien blood testing done i have one right here that i need to get done but have not yet here is what is checked off

glucose creatinine sodium potassium ast alt alk phos thyroid investigation vit b12 ferritin lipids cbc

and thats it i had a coloscopy came clean berrium swallow came clean ultra sound showed nothing x ray showed arthritis in lower back

other than that thats it

lol i would love to try and eat something good god

collgwg Contributor

i am having a hard time with trying to come up with a meal plan with all these restrictions and body reactions im starvin

IrishHeart Veteran

I cannot believe after all we talked about --and you told me that you do not even have a yeast infection nor were you tested for it ---that he is still insisting you take Nystatin after all this time. ???

Taking that drug in the absence of a candida infection is not a good idea.

It is disturbing to me that you have dropped all that weight and that you are starving and in pain all the time. This is not right, Colleen. How can you keep doing this, hon??

I told you in our PM messages and I will say it again---this guy is NOT helping you, in my humble opinion.

He did not do any allergy testing--yet he tells you to avoid all these foods???? On what basis???

He tells you to avoid gluten--- but to eat spelt?? Who is this guy???

Something is not right here. IMHO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

collgwg Contributor

omg i totally agree

i am not too sure about taking the anti fungal i have 5 repeats at that

he gave me this rx saying that he is going to be gone for a few weeks and did not want me to have a reacruance fair up of major symptoms

but i do not have a yeast infection down below or in mouth or anywhere that i know of

what i do know is gluten nightshade soy lactose egg are all cause problems

i also had symple skin prick allergy testing done when i first went to see dr murry

the droping of weight is disturbing to family as well

i believe you are right about that this guy is not helping my gp is not helping and 2 requests were sent to a gastro and he says im not suvere enough and wont see me

so this is why i come here to this group in hopes yall can help me through this seeing as i just have to take matters into my own hands i guess

i have been taking L glutimine and vitiman supplements with digestive enzimes 20 bucks a bottle as far as i can tell there is no gluten soy or anything like that

now as far as the anti fungal goes what do i say if i dont take it

collgwg Contributor

and my hubby goes in with me at every visit so i have a second set of ears to make sure this is what is really being said and that im not making anything up

hubby dosent know what to think and neither do i mind you all i do know is that i have a super senestive digetstive system

Have you tried a healing diet like GAPS? Many others here have tried it including Skylark, DomesticActivist.

I feel like its GAPS day for me....

I haven't tried it but it sure helps people identify problems and apparently rebuild their guts.

And apparently it tells you what to eat, which is a big help!

collgwg Contributor

i just looked at the gaps diet and there is alot of my allergins on it to wich i would react awfully to

it would be sweet if i could tho thats a great list of foods to work with

i just looked at the gaps diet and there is alot of my allergins on it to wich i would react awfully to

it would be sweet if i could tho thats a great list of foods to work with

I think people modify it. Pm Skylark, I think she's milk intolerant and manages somehow. I think you can substitute another protein for eggs.

I think sometimes people find they don't react to past problem foods when reintroducing them in GAPS.

I know you can make water kefir.

burdee Enthusiast

but i do not have a yeast infection down below or in mouth or anywhere that i know of

what i do know is gluten nightshade soy lactose egg are all cause problems

i also had symple skin prick allergy testing done when i first went to see dr murry

the droping of weight is disturbing to family as well

i have been taking L glutimine and vitiman supplements with digestive enzimes 20 bucks a bottle as far as i can tell there is no gluten soy or anything like that

I'd say find another doctor or just follow your gut. You know that gluten, soy, lactose (maybe all dairy or casein), egg and nightshade bother you. Just avoid those and you'll still have plenty to eat. I was dx'd by blood tests with IgG or IgA mediated (delayed reaction) allergies to dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg (as well as gluten intolerance). I have plenty to eat. I don't particularly care for nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers). So I can easily pass those up. I think you have plenty of choices if you just avoid the foods which you said bothered you.

L-Glutamine is great for healing the stomach and intestinal lining, if you have cramping gut pain or had a Helicobacter Pylor infection. (I had both and L-G worked well for me.) However, you first need to avoid any foods which cause pain for you so that you don't continue to damage your gut.

If you don't really need antifungal or antibiotic or antiparasitic drugs, don't take them, esp. if you don't have a lab diagnosis which verifies that you have those kind of infections and need treatment. All drugs have negative side effects. After taking antifungals, antibiotics and antiparasitic drugs for 8 different gastro infections (5 bacterial, 2 parasites and candida) for 4 years, my white blood cells were really low and I got frequent respiratory infections. Research has shown that some antibiotics (namely vancomycin for C-diff) and even antiparasitic drugs (Iodoquinol for Dientamoeba fragilis) can deplete your white blood cells. I'm much better now after taking LDN to raise my white blood cell levels, but I would prefer to prevent those gastro infections or just not take drugs if I don't have the infections.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I would suggest that you just omit the foods that you know you react to? If you weren't tested for Candida or small intestine bacterial overgrowth the Dr. may be prescribing meds you don't need? Maybe go without them for a bit and use the meds later if you feel you want to?

If you want something hot to drink..maybe hot water with lemon and honey? Honey helps heal, and lemon is good for your gallbladder. Maybe try an herbal tea with ginger or mint or just weak green tea?

Eat small amounts of the foods you tolerate, more frequently than 3 times a day.

For right now, don't worry too much about a balanced diet. Eat what you tolerate and take vitamins.

Small amounts of protein are good for you so eat a bit several times a day. Maybe a slice of ham,turkey, or roast beef or something like that? You'll get the amino acids your body needs from it. I've found that I tolerate Boar's Head brand lunch meats from the deli. They are gluten/soy free. I hope you can find a good brand where you live? You can just get a couple of slices..you don't have to buy pounds and wreck your budget.

I'm where you are now. I just saw a new PCP who prescribed anti-nausea medicine, so hopefully I can get an appetite and eat more. I'm still losing weight!

Be sure to drink lots of water! It helps flush things through your system, and if you get dehydrated that alone can have you feeling bad.

Hang in there..be sure to keep your food log and note anything that bothers you. You can also refer to it to see what you tolerated well and eat more of it.

(((hugs)))

collgwg Contributor

thanks so much everyone for trying to help out

what are the signs and symptoms of candida over growth? how do i know i have it i wish i knew this i should have asked him

he just took my journal read it said keep it up but you are not quite getting it yet wtf not getting it what am i not understanding all i understand is that i have a super sensitive digestive system and have allergy attacks with in min of eating foods

i ate pecans lastnight from the shell and whoa not a good idea burn throat swelling whole body hurts and feels swollen glands swollen

and all night the top of my right leg where it connects throbbed like a toothake big time oh was that ever painful its calmed down some what today what the hell was that all about not quite sure but wow that killed i still feel a bit of throbbing it hurts to sit hurts to lay down hurts to stand good grif it just plain hurt

oh and doc asked if i got tested for fibro no i have not i just got sick went to hosp they cleaned me out sent me home and then was sent to this allergy doc seeing as i was still getting sick after eating any kind of food and here we are today sill sick and sill trying to figure out what it is but you know if they were so conserned you would think they would be doing better testing i feel like im not getting tested properly oh the ultra sound called the gp yesterday and the sec looked at my chart and said nothing was flagged and everything looks ok

well i guess i should hit the kitchen and see what my body will handle for food

thanks everyone for all the help it makes me feel so not alone in the mistery of trying to figure out this dam body of mine

collgwg Contributor

ok i just checked candidia overgrowth symptoms and yea i have nothing goign on like that

so wonder why am i being treated for it weird good god this is nuts

collgwg Contributor

i feel like its more leaky gut syndrome than anything

i think ill just continue on with the leaky gut diet and stick here and see how it goes :)

IrishHeart Veteran

ok i just checked candidia overgrowth symptoms and yea i have nothing goign on like that

so wonder why am i being treated for it weird good god this is nuts

Hon, this is exactly what I asked you in our PMs---do you have anything VISIBLE--and you said NO. So I do not understand why you are taking an anti-fungal at all. I do not get this guy's treatment plan.

Small bowel bacterial overgrowth is a different story, but you said they scoped you and tested you in the hospital.

IrishHeart Veteran

What were the results of the skin prick testing?

If you decide not to take it, you could say "I did not take it ---as I do not have candida albicans." ---IMHO

What does your primary care doctor think of Dr. Murray's diet and prescription therapy????? Maybe you need a 2nd opinion.

Remember what I told you, hon--none of us are doctors and we can only tell you about our experiences. No one is telling you to stop a medication--we just do not know why you are still taking it for no actual DX of candida-- and you feel worse.

collgwg Contributor

i guess at this point im willing to hear anything and try anything lol and hopefully with the help of suggestions and tryal and error mabe i can get better i hope

thats right i did get tested in the hopsp and showed nothing like that

i have finished the 3 bottles of the rx and i totally agree i will not be filling the other rx

the allergy test showed reactions to birch ragweed grass soy chocolate wheat cats dust mites lactose trees

and i think that is it oh and he said the only one i did not react to is dog

my gp says follow his diet but this is the one who also pushes funky pills on me as well she is the type who you tell symptoms and she gives you a rx and says see me in a month

i need a new dr badly and if i knew of one i would be deffently be getting one i think i almost want to give up on dr's

IrishHeart Veteran

the allergy test showed reactions to

birch

ragweed

grass

soy

chocolate

wheat

cats

dust mites

lactose

trees

Well, Coll--there are two things going on here.

You have environmental allergies and food allergies.

If that is what the skin prick test showed-- They are allergies, not intolerances and so, I am wondering why he has not given you any antihistamines. Or even Zantac --which is a histamine 2 blocker. You could try an over-the-counter 2 week trial of this and see if it helps! Other people on here with wheat allergies use it successfully. :)

As far as trees, grass, ragweed, :) (and who ISN'T allergic to dust mites?--I am too)--the only thing of real concern is your cat. Meaning, you are around her al the time. The other things are a seasonal allergy.

Didn't you tell me you have a cat??? Do you have any anti-histamines for these allergies? Because that would solve a lot of your problems.

Okay, so the foods to avoid are:

Dairy, wheat,(and if we include all gluten-- rye and barley are out, too) , soy and chocolate.

Those are manageable!!--most of us do the first three every day.

Take just those four foods out. Add some back in--you have been starving for weeks! Take the digestive enzymes before meals and your probiotics. Watch out for cross contamination--as we have discussed--and see what happens. Use the Earth Balance spread (the one without soy in the red container) and So delicious Coconut milk for dairy. They can be used in cooking, too.

WHY didn't he give you some antihistamines for these multiple allergies instead of the stupid Nystatin?????? please....ASK him! You need some relief, hon.

Follow this link for some allergy-free cooking ideas:

Open Original Shared Link

Okay? okay! :) and do let me know how you do!

Well, Coll--there are two things going on here.

You have environmental allergies and food allergies.

If that is what the skin prick test showed-- They are allergies, not intolerances and so, I am wondering why he has not given you any antihistamines. Or even Zantac --which is a histamine 2 blocker. You could try an over-the-counter 2 week trial of this and see if it helps! Other people on here with wheat allergies use it successfully. :)

As far as trees, grass, ragweed, :) (and who ISN'T allergic to dust mites?--I am too)--the only thing of real concern is your cat.

Didn't you tell me you have a cat??? Do you have any anti-histamines for these allergies? Because that would solve a lot of your problems.

Okay, so the foods to avoid are:

Dairy, wheat,(and if we include all gluten-- rye and barley are out, too) , soy and chocolate.

Those are manageable!!--most of us do the first three every day.

Take just those four foods out. Take the digestive enzymes before meals and your probiotics. Watch out for cross contamination--as we have discussed--and see what happens. Use the Earth Balance spread (the one without soy in the red container) and So delicious Coconut milk for dairy. They can be used in cooking, too.

WHY didn't he give you some antihistamines for these multiple allergies instead of the stupid Nystatin?????? ASK him! You need some relief, hon.

Follow this link for some allergy-free cooking ideas:

Okay? okay! :) and let me know how you do!

If you have enviro allergies they can make you darn miserable. I resorted to Children's Claritin a week ago because I was desperate to figure out if I was experiencing a glutening or enviro allergies....and guess what, it helped alot of my problems!

Now, I'm wondering what to DO with the info (antihistimes help me) but hey, I'll take the relief!

Try it and see what happens!

IrishHeart Veteran

If you have enviro allergies they can make you darn miserable. I resorted to Children's Claritin a week ago because I was desperate to figure out if I was experiencing a glutening or enviro allergies....and guess what, it helped alot of my problems!

Now, I'm wondering what to DO with the info (antihistimes help me) but hey, I'll take the relief!

Try it and see what happens!

I think it was TrishTrish who told me about using the Zantac for her wheat allergy and she had amazing results. :)

I had so many "histamine" responses going on before DX--and most of them cleared up after being gluten-free for about 8 months. But every now and then, I get red skin, feel hot and I get all "snarfully" in the nose and throat, short of breath even---and wonder what the heck it was. It know sure as heck it is NOT gluten, and I allegedly do not have food allergies (tested every which way) but certainly, we can have other things going on, too.

I am such a weird medical puzzle, so I am never surprised by what happens in me anymore. But Coll here has been suffering without any relief---and starving herself because of this doctor's advice----and all her symptoms continue. :unsure: She needs a break.

collgwg Contributor

i managed to eat some green soup ill sip on that all day

for tomorrow i need to get everything i need for 2 weeks we are going to town and wont be able to go again for another 2 weeks

i am so confused it makes my head hurt as what foods to eat what not to eat

what to buy and what not to buy god greif

I think it was TrishTrish who told me about using the Zantac for her wheat allergy and she had amazing results. :)

I had so many "histamine" responses going on before DX--and most of them cleared up after being gluten-free for about 8 months. But every now and then, I get red skin, feel hot and I get all "snarfully" in the nose and throat, short of breath even---and wonder what the heck it was. It know sure as heck it is NOT gluten, and I allegedly do not have food allergies (tested every which way) but certainly, we can have other things going on, too.

I am such a weird medical puzzle, so I am never surprised by what happens in me anymore. But Coll here has been suffering without any relief---and starving herself because of this doctor's advice----and all her symptoms continue. :unsure: She needs a break.

Zantac is a type 1 blocker.

Claritin is a type 2 blocker.

People are responsive to different blockers - as Trish Trish found out. I believe she had been on type 2's only and they didn't work for her.

Personally, I've tried 1's, 2's, and combos and funny enough none worked well at all for me until NOW. I am going to assume going gluten-free has helped. I don't know, I'm just glad the Claritin (a half child's dose) is working. For the record I used to take it daily and it didnt do a fraction of what its doing now.

So, yes, if you suspect allergies try an antihistimine. It helps me quite a bit now (why, who knows...and what that means....tbd, I'm sure). If the first one doesn't work, try another.

Here's a quick chart of antihistimines by type:

Archived