19 replies to this topic

#16 USF1970

USF1970

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I know this is an old thread but if you're still looking for a good biscuit recipe, I use Pamela's Baking Mix and just follow the recipe on the package. I know that sounds too easy but they come out seriously delicious. Crisp & crumbly on the outside, tender, buttery & soft on the inside.

YES......I'm still looking for a good biscuit recipe. I'll run right out tomorrow and get the baking mix you recommend. Thanks SO much......

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 USF1970

USF1970

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

YES......I'm still looking for a good biscuit recipe. I'll run right out tomorrow and get the baking mix you recommend. Thanks SO much......

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.  I made these tonight and they were nice and light and EASY.  Thank you.  They still had a bit of an odd taste to them but nothing that would keep me from making them again and again and again.  THANK YOU.....

#18 USF1970

USF1970

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

BTW, the biscuit recipe was not on the package but I used the recipe I found on Pamela's website - EAZY-PEAZY......

#19 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

We made these and they were VERY good and light.

http://glutenfreeona...eddar-biscuits/

We made them with cheese and without. We also left out the bacon grease and used Crisco instead, other than that we followed the recipe and we did use Better batter flour.  They really turned out great.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#20 Wheatfreeleeshy

Wheatfreeleeshy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.  I made these tonight and they were nice and light and EASY.  Thank you.  They still had a bit of an odd taste to them but nothing that would keep me from making them again and again and again.  THANK YOU.....

Many months later, I JUST saw your post... So glad I could help!! I made the same ones for non-gluten-free friends from North Carolina & they were shocked! Lol :-D
Not sure about the odd taste, hmmm... I've never had a problem with that & I'm pretty sensitive to flavors. The only thing I thought of was to make sure your butter is fresh. I keep mine wrapped up tight and in its box so it doesn't take on odors/flavor from fridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: