Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Did I Get My Celiac From One Of My Parents

8 posts in this topic

Hello all

I found out that i have celiac Disease and i have been trying so hard to stay gluten-free but its so hard. What i'm trying to find out is; Did i get this from one of my Parents . And also were can i look for a list of food that are allowed to eat

thank you and hope someone can help me out :)

Ads by Google:
Hello all

I found out that i have celiac Disease and i have been trying so hard to stay gluten-free but its so hard. What i'm trying to find out is; Did i get this from one of my Parents . And also were can i look for a list of food that are allowed to eat

thank you and hope someone can help me out  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you got the gene from one or both.

Yes, it is genetic so you got the gene from one or both parents. That does not mean they have it though. They may have the gene but not have had the celiac triggered. They should be tested though.

Yes, it is genetic so you got the gene from one or both parents. That does not mean they have it though. They may have the gene but not have had the celiac triggered. They should be tested though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you very much for the info

I was also wonder what age i should get my kids tested at ?

and i just found out that i'm 10 weeks pregnant should i been doing something different in this pregnancy, i was not gluten-free with the my 2 boys but didn't know i was celiac disease at the time ?

Thank you very much for the info

I was also wonder what age i should get my kids tested at ?

and i just found out that i'm 10 weeks  pregnant should i been doing something different in this pregnancy, i was not gluten-free with the my 2 boys but didn't know i was celiac disease at the time ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Just going gluten-free is all you need to do for your pregnancy. Testing seems to be most accurate in the over age 3 group, less accurate between 2-3 yrs and even less accurate under age 2. So if your 2 boys are over 3, I would test them. If under 3, judge for yourself whether you see symptoms that warrant it.

Merika