17 replies to this topic

#1 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

So I've been prego before, only for a few weeks. This time I'm a month in.
But...I took one of my L-glutamine pills to help heal my intestines and had a bad reaction. I had avoided taking them for a few days but tried one today :P
and this is what happened:

hot/cold flashes
nausea
dizziness
sweats
fainted
migraine
freezing cold hand (blue/white)

SO...conclusion, when it says "Consult a doctor if pregnant.." I'M GOING TO DO IT!
Sometimes (shakes head) I just slap myself.

I will be getting a doctor soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 samie

samie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

Yeah when taking medicine ask the doctor. Also if you don't have one yet you can ask the pharmacy they can help to.

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

Congrats! Yes, a doctor makes sense. I'd skip taking anything but prescribed prenatal vitamins and any medications you and your doctor decide are absolutely essential if I were pregnant.

#4 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

So I had posted a reply about L-glutamine. But looks like that was erased by the website wardens. But L glutamine is a supplement perscribed by my doctor. It's not to be taken while pregnant, I had a bad reaction. I'll try and "keep it simple" for the wardens.

#5 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

I hope you're feeling better now.

#6 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

I hope you're feeling better now.

Well the pregnancy test said I was still prego, but I've had three gluten episodes in a row since my fiancee brought oatmeal into the house. My belly has been way swollen and painful. I'd like to feel better. But first someone is getting a talking to. lol
Oatmeal that isn't steal rolled is never allowed in the house. Too much dust. So unfortunatly I don't think the babay will survive, again. :S

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Well the pregnancy test said I was still prego, but I've had three gluten episodes in a row since my fiancee brought oatmeal into the house. My belly has been way swollen and painful. I'd like to feel better. But first someone is getting a talking to. lol
Oatmeal that isn't steal rolled is never allowed in the house. Too much dust. So unfortunatly I don't think the babay will survive, again. :S

You said in your first post you would be getting a doctor soon. I hope you have seen one by now. If you don't have insurance get to a clinic and if you are low income check and see if you are eligible for Medicaid if you are in the US.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I hope you don't lose your baby because of gluten. This disease is so miserable sometimes... Sounds like you need a complete ban on oatmeal, not just steel-cut! Some people with celiac (maybe 10%?) have a full gluten reaction to oats.

#9 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

You said in your first post you would be getting a doctor soon. I hope you have seen one by now. If you don't have insurance get to a clinic and if you are low income check and see if you are eligible for Medicaid if you are in the US.

Yhea my fiance and I filled out the AHCCCS but we have to "wait" for an appointment, so we're waiting. And waiting. lol

I'm almost 3 months now. :P Alrighty...we gonna make it! :D

#10 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm almost 3 months now. :P Alrighty...we gonna make it! :D

Yay! :D :D

#11 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Fewww...I am getting ROUND lol This round belly is so pushing up on all my guts that my bra width has gone up two inches! ;P So that's how my mom got a barrel chest. :rolleyes:

#12 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Fewww...I am getting ROUND lol This round belly is so pushing up on all my guts that my bra width has gone up two inches! ;P So that's how my mom got a barrel chest. :rolleyes:

Yeah! That's what happens. On the bright side, when they are 12 and you are " the meanest mom evah!" you can remind them of what they did to your cute figure. :)

Seriously, a lot of times it will go back into place. Glad the baby is doing good.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#13 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Yikes it's almost time! Now nine months prego and the day is literally around the corner!
I do have some concerns, I've had a couple cross contaminations with gluten (darn potholder was sitting on top of the steamed vegetables) you can probably guess that wasn't fun last night.
My question is, since celiac disease does indeed throw off my hormone balance each epsidoe that I have (usually delaying my period), would it throw off the hormons necessary to trigger the beginning of labor?
I do believe baby is getting a steady supply of nutrition from my stores of fat and shouldn't be delayed in his growth if I have a gluten episode, but...will he be able to come out on time if my hormones aren't signaling the time for labor is due?

More of a test study question than something people could easily answer I'm sure, but that's kinda on my mind.

#14 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I think it is unlikely that these particular hormones will be thrown off. It's a combination of a number hormones, including ones that baby and placenta produces.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#15 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

I think it is unlikely that these particular hormones will be thrown off. It's a combination of a number hormones, including ones that baby and placenta produces.

That's good to hear, I'm overdue though but it is my first one. I'm told that it's pretty typical for the first. Although I am trying to naturally induce with several different methods that the midwife has suggested and I've found on a pregnancy website that's pretty legite. I think I just need to practice patients with this one and let the good Lord pop him out when he's ready lol It's so hard to to experiement or theorize what could be going on, I'm kinda like that with everything it seems. Just a bit of a scientist in the blood. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: