Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Prego

18 posts in this topic

So I've been prego before, only for a few weeks. This time I'm a month in.

But...I took one of my L-glutamine pills to help heal my intestines and had a bad reaction. I had avoided taking them for a few days but tried one today :P

and this is what happened:

hot/cold flashes

nausea

dizziness

sweats

fainted

migraine

freezing cold hand (blue/white)

SO...conclusion, when it says "Consult a doctor if pregnant.." I'M GOING TO DO IT!

Sometimes (shakes head) I just slap myself.

I will be getting a doctor soon.

Ads by Google:

Yeah when taking medicine ask the doctor. Also if you don't have one yet you can ask the pharmacy they can help to.

Congrats! Yes, a doctor makes sense. I'd skip taking anything but prescribed prenatal vitamins and any medications you and your doctor decide are absolutely essential if I were pregnant.

So I had posted a reply about L-glutamine. But looks like that was erased by the website wardens. But L glutamine is a supplement perscribed by my doctor. It's not to be taken while pregnant, I had a bad reaction. I'll try and "keep it simple" for the wardens.

I hope you're feeling better now.

I hope you're feeling better now.

Well the pregnancy test said I was still prego, but I've had three gluten episodes in a row since my fiancee brought oatmeal into the house. My belly has been way swollen and painful. I'd like to feel better. But first someone is getting a talking to. lol

Oatmeal that isn't steal rolled is never allowed in the house. Too much dust. So unfortunatly I don't think the babay will survive, again. :S

Well the pregnancy test said I was still prego, but I've had three gluten episodes in a row since my fiancee brought oatmeal into the house. My belly has been way swollen and painful. I'd like to feel better. But first someone is getting a talking to. lol

Oatmeal that isn't steal rolled is never allowed in the house. Too much dust. So unfortunatly I don't think the babay will survive, again. :S

You said in your first post you would be getting a doctor soon. I hope you have seen one by now. If you don't have insurance get to a clinic and if you are low income check and see if you are eligible for Medicaid if you are in the US.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I hope you don't lose your baby because of gluten. This disease is so miserable sometimes... Sounds like you need a complete ban on oatmeal, not just steel-cut! Some people with celiac (maybe 10%?) have a full gluten reaction to oats.

You said in your first post you would be getting a doctor soon. I hope you have seen one by now. If you don't have insurance get to a clinic and if you are low income check and see if you are eligible for Medicaid if you are in the US.

Yhea my fiance and I filled out the AHCCCS but we have to "wait" for an appointment, so we're waiting. And waiting. lol

I'm almost 3 months now. :P Alrighty...we gonna make it! :D

I'm almost 3 months now. :P Alrighty...we gonna make it! :D

Yay! :D :D

Fewww...I am getting ROUND lol This round belly is so pushing up on all my guts that my bra width has gone up two inches! ;P So that's how my mom got a barrel chest. :rolleyes:

Fewww...I am getting ROUND lol This round belly is so pushing up on all my guts that my bra width has gone up two inches! ;P So that's how my mom got a barrel chest. :rolleyes:

Yeah! That's what happens. On the bright side, when they are 12 and you are " the meanest mom evah!" you can remind them of what they did to your cute figure. :)

Seriously, a lot of times it will go back into place. Glad the baby is doing good.

Yikes it's almost time! Now nine months prego and the day is literally around the corner!

I do have some concerns, I've had a couple cross contaminations with gluten (darn potholder was sitting on top of the steamed vegetables) you can probably guess that wasn't fun last night.

My question is, since celiac disease does indeed throw off my hormone balance each epsidoe that I have (usually delaying my period), would it throw off the hormons necessary to trigger the beginning of labor?

I do believe baby is getting a steady supply of nutrition from my stores of fat and shouldn't be delayed in his growth if I have a gluten episode, but...will he be able to come out on time if my hormones aren't signaling the time for labor is due?

More of a test study question than something people could easily answer I'm sure, but that's kinda on my mind.

I think it is unlikely that these particular hormones will be thrown off. It's a combination of a number hormones, including ones that baby and placenta produces.

I think it is unlikely that these particular hormones will be thrown off. It's a combination of a number hormones, including ones that baby and placenta produces.

That's good to hear, I'm overdue though but it is my first one. I'm told that it's pretty typical for the first. Although I am trying to naturally induce with several different methods that the midwife has suggested and I've found on a pregnancy website that's pretty legite. I think I just need to practice patients with this one and let the good Lord pop him out when he's ready lol It's so hard to to experiement or theorize what could be going on, I'm kinda like that with everything it seems. Just a bit of a scientist in the blood. ;)

That's good to hear, I'm overdue though but it is my first one. I'm told that it's pretty typical for the first. Although I am trying to naturally induce with several different methods that the midwife has suggested and I've found on a pregnancy website that's pretty legite. I think I just need to practice patients with this one and let the good Lord pop him out when he's ready lol It's so hard to to experiement or theorize what could be going on, I'm kinda like that with everything it seems. Just a bit of a scientist in the blood. ;)

I am thinking that the babe has arrived, d/t no postings in a while...everyone needs to remember that 9 months and 10 days is a MEAN. If your mom ran late, so might you, and the reverse.

I am thinking that the babe has arrived, d/t no postings in a while...everyone needs to remember that 9 months and 10 days is a MEAN. If your mom ran late, so might you, and the reverse.

She had a healthy baby

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/904/entry-1704-baby-is-born/

Karen is correct ;D healthy baby boy born aug 29th with.....zero pain killers :o I don't know how I did it, but thank God it went well :D hehe He came out all clean with full head of hair, eyes open and crying right away.