19 replies to this topic

#16 jay22deb

jay22deb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

My wife, with Celiacs, just had a similar experience. Last night she became ill, and we narrowed down the possible causes to peanut butter M&Ms or salad dressing. Tonight she is again sick, and the only outlier she ate were peanut butter M&Ms. (She has never had problems with regular M&Ms.) She has no history of reacting to peanut butter and related products before. Could Mars be experience a cross-contamination problem??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Here's a recent M&Ms thread with some helpful info. http://www.celiac.co...opic/90669-mms/
Also, make sure you are checking the label for "May contain wheat".

#18 Sdjoly

Sdjoly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

I see no one has posted here in a while, but I have a severe gluten sensitivity, had a bag of these M&M's Peanut Butter today and got serious intestinal upset within 3 hours. Just letting everyone know there is still a problem with these. 4 hours later still not doing well....

#19 Cee_CeeC

Cee_CeeC

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I see no one has posted here in a while, but I have a severe gluten sensitivity, had a bag of these M&M's Peanut Butter today and got serious intestinal upset within 3 hours. Just letting everyone know there is still a problem with these. 4 hours later still not doing well....

Same here, but happened with a couple hours today. Wish I would have found this thread earlier -- but lesson learned. Hate when it happens the hard way, though.

#20 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Mars M&Ms clearly marks packaging with allergy information and a "may contain" statement.

Peanut Butter M&Ms do not contain gluten.  If they continue to make you sick you should not eat them.

All the best.

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: