Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Vomiting After Gluten Free Diet

3 posts in this topic

hello, my son just turned three on friday and started a gluten and dairy free diet on saturday, so it has been a week, he has had diarrhea his whole life, now it is getting better, last night he vomitted twice and i am sure that he didnt eat anything that contains gluten or dairy, can it be because he is healing on the inside, i sure hope that, yesterday we ate we eat alot, and it happens to be gluten and dairy free and he never vomitted before so i dont think that it is because of another food intolerance..

is it possible becasue he is healing on the inside??? did any of you or your kids experience this when first started to go gluten free??

Ads by Google:

My son vomitted last night...he is 4...and I have been transitioning them to gluten free, this week he was gluten free, except they had pizza last night for dinner. At this point I am suspecting gluten or else flu.

My son was 10 when he was diagnosed and he vomited a lot while we were figuring out a diet that worked for him. It helps to keep a food diary to look for patterns. Some gluten free foods worked better for us than others. It helps to stick to meats, fruits and veggies, but that can be hard for a child who loves pizza and cookies like my son did. I hope they both feel better soon.