2 replies to this topic

#1 kaity

kaity

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

hello, my son just turned three on friday and started a gluten and dairy free diet on saturday, so it has been a week, he has had diarrhea his whole life, now it is getting better, last night he vomitted twice and i am sure that he didnt eat anything that contains gluten or dairy, can it be because he is healing on the inside, i sure hope that, yesterday we ate we eat alot, and it happens to be gluten and dairy free and he never vomitted before so i dont think that it is because of another food intolerance..
is it possible becasue he is healing on the inside??? did any of you or your kids experience this when first started to go gluten free??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Metoo

Metoo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

My son vomitted last night...he is 4...and I have been transitioning them to gluten free, this week he was gluten free, except they had pizza last night for dinner. At this point I am suspecting gluten or else flu.

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

My son was 10 when he was diagnosed and he vomited a lot while we were figuring out a diet that worked for him. It helps to keep a food diary to look for patterns. Some gluten free foods worked better for us than others. It helps to stick to meats, fruits and veggies, but that can be hard for a child who loves pizza and cookies like my son did. I hope they both feel better soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: