Thyroid, B12, Celiac Connection...i Have A Hunch...
Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:34 AM
He still complains about his eyes constantly, also that his heart is pounding. Hyperactivity is the same, and he is still always hungry. I have been doing some research on thyroid issues because of my own symptoms, and noticed that alot of his issues seem to match up with hyperthyroidism. I also found ONE mention of hyperthyroidism affecting B12 test results (but it didnt say HOW it effects them- falsely high or low? It wasn't very clear.) Haven't been able to find any other mention of this- does anyone know for sure?
Anyway, due to the high incidence of thyroid issues in Celiac patients, I am going to get his thyroid tested. I know I need to request T4 and T3 levels, not just TSH- but am unsure about the "antibodies" tests I should ask for to rule out an autoimmune thyroid issue. Can anyone tell me?
Funny how the longer you deal with Celiac, the more pieces of the puzzle that seem to fall into place. I have a pretty strong feeling that there is a thyroid issue at work here as well- not that I WANT that, but KNOWING what is wrong at least gives me the power to try and fix it!
Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:13 AM
- self-dx gluten-sensitive 2007 but did not take it seriously
- dx autoimmune Graves hyperthyroidism 9-7-11
- second opinion doctor confirmed autoimmune hyperthyroid dx, suggested possible autoimmune thyroid-gluten sensitivity connection
- medication-induced hyperthyroid remission 11-4-11
- lab test dx gluten, casein, ovalbumin, and soy sensitive 12-15-11
- taking diet seriously now, strict GFCFSF diet...
Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:29 PM
Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:20 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users