arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

New To This And Don't Know Where To Start...

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 06:10 AM

Nerdz, I live in a small town in Kansas, and it takes an hour to get to the nearest decent healthfood store. We are quite poor, just a click above the poverty level, so I don't have much money to spend on "my" food. I just use fruits, veggies, and meats, and fix the meals from scratch. That way, I can hoard what I do get of breads and pastas, so it doesn't cost so much. It is fairly easy to be gluten-free if you shop around the perimeter of the store, do not buy processed foods, and fix everything yourself. Time is a factor, it takes lots of it. I am not sick like I was, so I think it is definitely worth the time!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:43 AM

Dessa, If the nearest large town has an Asian market, the next time you are nearby try shopping there for cheap rice flour and tapioca flour, also sometimes they have garbanzo bean flour (also known as chickpea flour). That way you can make some of your own breads, etc. Shirley in San Diego

#18 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:00 PM

I don't know about an Asian market, but we do have a mexican store. I will have to check them out. Thanks! :D
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#19 Rick1254

Rick1254

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:29 AM

I noticed that these messages are pinned and the one I posted ended up at the very end. Is there a secret to pinning these messages?
Thanks,
Rick

#20 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:29 AM

Pinning just means that the topic is where it belongs on the board. It is more of a note to the other moderators that it has been checked by one of them. Your post winds up at the end because it is the most recent. Look at the dates and times, and you should see them to be in chronological order.
Dessa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: