Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rotation Diet-Beans

5 posts in this topic

I think I lost potatoes today :( bound to happen :( Good thing I get my endo and colonoscopy next week.

Anyway, I need another food to rotate in. I am thinking of trying another variety of beans. Chickpeas are already in but I can't decide which bean is up next and what to do with it. Chickpeas are so easy, just dump on a salad. What are some ideas on easy ways to use specific varieties of beans?

No tomatoes or bell peppers or dairy or soy. Thanks.

Ads by Google:

I think I lost potatoes today :( bound to happen :( Good thing I get my endo and colonoscopy next week.

Anyway, I need another food to rotate in. I am thinking of trying another variety of beans. Chickpeas are already in but I can't decide which bean is up next and what to do with it. Chickpeas are so easy, just dump on a salad. What are some ideas on easy ways to use specific varieties of beans?

No tomatoes or bell peppers or dairy or soy. Thanks.

Sorry about you losing potatoes. :( I have finally been able to have them again but only occasionally and in small amounts.

I use navy beans on occasion but truthfully the only thing I use them in is bean soup.

If you are looking for a bean ,black beans may be something to try.I use them in tacos (no nightshades just onion) ,black bean brownies or just put them on top of a salad.

I'm a black bean fan, too. Can you eat black bean soup?

I just figured out that besides soybeans (I have a severe intolerance to those --IgG test) I am having a problem with bean FLOURS now---fava, lupin and garbanzo. So, I am beginning to suspect all legumes.... :unsure:

This is a bugger sometimes, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I initially tested pos. for legumes and soy. I won't re-introduce soy but after 2 yrs. I did try chickpeas and was ok but I am strict with the rotation of them. Potatoes were just waiting to happen. I depended on them too much, plus the starch in baked goods...and I have not been as careful with their rotation as I should have been. I've just struggled with it lately. Darn picky body.

No pureed beans or overly soft/melty for blood sugar impact reasons. Anything easily digestd hits BG quicker. I can put the canned in the bottom of the soup bowl(broth based soup)

Like I mentioned on another thread, inflamation impacts BG and sure enough, after my reaction this afternoon, my baseline BG is up.

My hubby cooks up cannelloni beans and brown rice with onion, garlic and seasonings. Yummy!