arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Fizzing, Bubbling Sound In Back Of Neck?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 rarmama

rarmama

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

I've come to realize that many of my weird symptoms could be attributed to possible celiac, so even though it's a long shot, here goes...

Ever since I had my daughter 4 months ago, I will occasionally get a strange sensation of tiny bubbles popping in my spine right at the back of my neck where it joins the skull. It's not painful, but I can feel and hear it almost like a carbonated soda being opened, and it lasts a few seconds and then goes away. Nothing in particular seems to cause it. I've searched the net and other people have had this happen too (I'm not crazy, I swear! Lol) though no one seems to know what causes it. I did have a spinal block for anesthetic when I had my emergency c-section, so possibly could be from that, but just wanted to ask here on the off chance that anyone with celiac has experienced this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jeanzdyn

jeanzdyn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've come to realize that many of my weird symptoms could be attributed to possible celiac, so even though it's a long shot, here goes...

Ever since I had my daughter 4 months ago, I will occasionally get a strange sensation of tiny bubbles popping in my spine right at the back of my neck where it joins the skull. It's not painful, but I can feel and hear it almost like a carbonated soda being opened, and it lasts a few seconds and then goes away. Nothing in particular seems to cause it. I've searched the net and other people have had this happen too (I'm not crazy, I swear! Lol) though no one seems to know what causes it. I did have a spinal block for anesthetic when I had my emergency c-section, so possibly could be from that, but just wanted to ask here on the off chance that anyone with celiac has experienced this?

not exactly. I was diagnosed with Celiac just this past November. For many years I have experienced some odd sensations in my neck. When I turn my head slowly from side to side there is sound that I can hear. I have never described it as 'a carbonated soda being opened" but it is like I can hear the bones sort of crunching. Now that I think about, and turn my head, maybe it does kind of sound like a carbonated soda being opened. But any time I turn my head slowly to either side I hear that sound.
What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others. —--Lucretius

I miss bread! But I love Kinnikinnick gluten free pizza crust.

Diagnosed celiac disease: November 2011 (biopsy and endoscopy)
other conditions: asthma, arthritis

#3 glutout

glutout

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yes, I get that too from time to time. Like most things, I have never gotten an explanation for it. Maybe it is some kind of release because I seem to feel better for a little while after it happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: